View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Actually, its more like my experience in Canada where customs made all the passengers on our bus grab, standby, and declare their bags in person. If you go straight to the source the potential for errors is reduced and accountability can be defined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Palm
We ALWAYS fly with a passport, even on domestic flights. It seems to make things go more smoothly. I too have seen horrible delays, especially at U.S. customs/immigration, on the part of passengers using drivers licenses, birth certificates, etc.

However having the customer do all the data entry is the ultimate outsource, or so it seems to me. We can hope thst this cost cutting will be reflected in the cruise fare, which may be the case. Of that I'm not so sure.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas