View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Constellation Scandinavia & Russia, 6/30/07

Zina

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hello all,
We are booked on the Constellation, June 30, 14 night Scandinavia & Russia Cruise.
I was wondering if anyone has been on the constellation? What did you think of the ship?
Fantastic ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Anyone been on this particular destination? If so, what did you think of the overall trip? Which port(s) was your favorite and why?
Sorry, but I have not done that itinerary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
We will cruise out of Dover and we purchased the air from celebrity. Does anyone know if there will be someone from Celebrity at the airport to meet us? What is the length of travel from the airport to Dover?
When you land in London, you will have to clear British immigration, claim your checked luggage, and clear British customs on your own. Celebrity representatives will greet you right outside the customs area to direct you to the transfer buses. Celebrity's air packages include the transfer from the airport to the pier and from the pier to the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Final question, Ladies, how the heck does someone pack for a 14night trip without over packing or bringing extra suitcases? I'd like to limit myself to one case per person in our cabin (there are 3 of us in an outside cabin).
There are packing lists for both gentlemen and ladies for a fourteen nght Celebrity cruise in the first post in this thread on the "Cruise Dress and Packing" board. For your destination, you might want to replace one swimsuit and a couple of the pairs of shorts in each list with an extra sweater or sweatshirt.

Now, forget about trying to cram each person's clothes into one suitcase, as that will get you into expensive trouble with the airlines. The airlines allow two checked suitcases plus a carry-on and a personal item for each passenger, but the checked suitcases are limited to fifty (50) pounds. If you bring only one suitcase and it's over that weight, they will charge you -- typically $20 or $25 if it's under seventy (70) pounds or $100 if it exceeds seventy (70) pounds. If you divide your clothes between two medium suitcases (I usually take a 26" roller back and a 22" roller back for a two week cruise), both will be within the weight limits. It's very easy to extend the handles of the roller backs, set your carry-on bag on one and your personal item on the other, take one in each hand, and be on your way.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.