I found this on Frommers website. Looks like the focus will be in the pool area...
"Carnival has just released details of a complete redesign of the vessels' pool decks, to be implemented ship by ship over the next two years. The redesign will:
1) Add a new Carnival WaterWorks aqua-park on Verandah Deck aft, featuring a four-deck, 300-foot spiraling tube water slide, as well as a separate 82-foot triple-lane waterslide. Most of the surrounding deck area will be occupied by a "spray park" with different kinds of high-concept water-guns -- similar to the H2O Zone water parks on Royal Caribbean's Freedom and Liberty of the Seas.
2) Designate serenity areas out on deck, for adults only.
3) Redecorate the main pool areas in "resort style," with umbrellas providing shaded seating at pool's edge along a "beach" of blue tile with yellow accents.
4) Cover one of the two pool-area hot tubs with a thatched, palapa-style roof, giving guests the option of shade. Faux palm trees, along with more thatched roofing over new, centrally positioned staircases, will further enhance the tropical resort ambiance.
5) Add new tile-work and thatched roofing to the pool bars and the outdoor food service area just behind the stage.
Imagination and Inspiration will be the first of the Fantasy-class ships to get the pool upgrades, later this year."
Looking forward to the upgrades!
Carnival Liberty - 2/2007
Carnival Destiny - 4/2004
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - 7/2001
NCL Sunward II - 1982