Thread: CHAIR HOGS!
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2005, 03:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: CHAIR HOGS!

On our Destiny cruise, my DH and some friends with up to deck to get some sun, while I did some other indoor stuff. Several hours later, I wondered up to the deck and sat down on the edge of an empty chair next to my husband's chair, planning to just speak to him briefly, then head to lunch. The man in the next chair over, came over to me, saying, "That's not your chair, it's my sister's chair." I said, "I'm not staying, just checking in with my husband, and I'll gladly move if she gets back before we get done talking." He continued to insist that I move, finally reaching for my arm to physically move me. My DH then rose to challenge the man, and I thought they were going to fight, which I've never seem my DH do. DH went to find security, other man settles back down in chair glaring. When DH returns, I convinced him to come on to lunch. I asked him why he had become so angry, and he said the guy had said the same thing to them all morning long even as they simply bumped her chair, but she had never been in the chair all morning.

We never "fight" over chairs ... this was definitely an isolated instance, but beware of aggressive chair hogs. Chairs are not worth ruining a fabulous vacation!

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit