Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Beginner

Default Lodging options after cruise?

HI
Thanks to all who posted about my balcony question, great advice! We are wanting to stay at one of the Princess Lodges and do some things on our own. Which one would be most centrally located or which one would you recommend? We haven't decided exactly what we want to see, Denalli is a must, am I right? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Wendy
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Lodging options after cruise?

I wouldn't limit myself to Princess lodges. There are many many more properties to consider even some great B&B's. There can be some deals for Princess properties and consider toursaver coupons but some pricing is overpriced. My opinion only but Denali Park is something I do every trip (even in winter). There are many options into the park so be certain to be informed about them. My min. distance in is Eielson via the shuttle. Make your plans for arrival after June 1 and before the 2nd week of Sept. A necessary reference is THE MILEPOST, try your library. This will give you a better idea of locations and vast distances.
Old August 20th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Captain

Default Re: Lodging options after cruise?

Hi Wendy,

I agree with the previous post--Denali is great, and the scenery on the way is great. You might try www.frommers.com or the Frommers Alaska book since your time will be limited so that you can pick your favorite. We stayed in Seward, Anchorage, Denali, and Fairbanks, and if I had to choose, I think I would choose Denali first and Seward second, although the others are great. Hope you have a great time.

Donna