Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2004, 09:43 AM
telitz

Default Seattle lodging

We are staying the night we get back, and are looking for a hotel that is close to the Princess Cruise area. Are there any hotel shuttles that will pick you up there and take you to the hotel? We will have all day Friday and until Saturday 7pm to sight see. We have never cruised before and are nervous about getting around, especially with luggage. Are there taxi's waiting at the cruise dock to take you places, and are they very expensive? What is the latest you can get off the ship, we are docking at 7am? Thanking you in advance..
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:17 PM
3 things

Default Re: Seattle lodging

Anyone have advice for this? We'll be doing the same thing in July on Sapphire Princess. (We're actually spending Friday night up at Friday Harbour in the Puget Sound, but we'll need a place on Saturday night....) suggestions?

Thanks!
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Familiar Face

There aren't any hotels near the Princess Dock. I would suggest you go to either Hotwire or Priceline and bid on a hotel room...the ones in the Downtown area are surpirisingly very nice. If there aren't any shuttles...a cab would be around $7.00-$10.00.
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Mrs. Johnson

We are cruising for 1 week out of Seattle, Washington. We are driving from out of state and are looking for an mid-priced hotel / motel that would let us park our car there during our cruise. Our plan is to stay there the night before and the night after the cruise. Of course, we would like to stay near the cruise lines.......but are not opposed to driving a bit south of Seattle to find accomodations.

Thank you,
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:29 PM
KimCruiser

Default Re: Re: Seattle lodging

I will be staying at the Ramada Inn downtown. I will be traveling with my 2 kids and wondering if it will be difficult to get a cab to take to the Princess dock. Do you know if there are alot of cabs out in front of the hotels or would we need to call in the morning to have one pick us up?
Old May 13th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Seattle lodging

Mrs. Johnson--
I would try some of the hotels near Sea-Tac (10 minutes south of cruise area downtown). Some of those hotels offer 7 days free parking, so that would work for you. You could do a search on travelocity for hotel names at Sea-Tac and then call them to see if they offer the free 7 day parking.

Kimcruiser--I'm not quite sure of the Ramada location, but I think it is Seattle center. There usually is cabs, but I might call one just in case, as the morning of the cruise there will be a rush for cabs in the city I'm sure. Check with the front desk to see if they could arrange it for you is my suggestion.

JENNIE
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:23 AM
lj

You might want to check also www.comfortsuites-seattle.com. They used to offer free shuttles (Pier, etc) but I don't see that listed. Might want to give them a call first.
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Familiar Face

The Ramada Inn is located downtown at 5th & Lenora or Blanchard. ( couple of miles south of S.C.) And yes there will be plenty of taxis available.
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:01 PM
TrishD

We are staying at the Best Western Executive Inn the night before our cruise departs. It has a complimentary shuttle that will take us to the Princess dock. It is available on Wed. - Sunday from around 9:00am to 4:00pm. There are other hotels that have this service, my AAA book calls it "area transportation - within 2 miles".

I'm not sure if they will "pickup" from the pier.

Their phone is (206)448-9444.

Good luck and have fun!
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Roy W

Hi. I have stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn over looking Lake Union. You get a balcony room and you have a view of the lake(float Planes taking off & landing), the Space Needle in the back ground and a view of Queen Ann District (Fabulous at night). You are situated wher nothing is very far. Pike Street, Water Front, Seattle Center, And Lake Union Ties into Lake Washington and right close to the U of Dub. Check out a map and see if it will work for you. Nice Cruising.

Diamond to Alaska in May of '05

Roy
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Seatac is more than 10 minutes from the dock. About $25+ for a cab.
Old May 28th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Passenger

I have stayed at and thoroughly enjoyed the Inn at Harbour Steps (www.foursisters.com) and if this is in your price range I highly recommend it. there are cheaper places but they are not as nice. There are nicer places but they will cost you more. From what I have seen in seattle this place offers a great bang for buck.
Old May 29th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Yeoman

hi to all here

i am going crazy trying to come up with a good, clean, centrally located and safe hotel in seattle for 2 nights after our cruise.

i am still checking and comparing prices and ammenities and have found that the site www.seattlesupersaver.com has some really good prices and they show what stars the hotels are and there is a map you can bring up.

does anyone know about the comfort suites by the needle. they have a continental breakfast and free shuttle service to many downtown sites. they are also in our price range with the 60 plus discount. their number for this is 1-877-424-6423. they dont book rooms untill 51 weeks out so i am going to wait a few while and call them for the rate. also i found out from quick shuttle ( we are using their transportaion from canadian pier in vancouver to get to seattle after the cruise ) only drops passengers off at the best western executive by the needle and the airport ONLY. their site makes it sound like they drop you off closer to downtown but the girl i talked too said no it is only the bw ex. that is too bad. there are lots of downtown vancouver drop=offs. go to the quick shuttle site and pretend you are going to buy a ticket. you can pull down a menu that shows you all the drop-offs in vancouver. lots of good ones there.

if anyone know about the comfort suites please let me know. thanks.

Old May 29th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Admiral

I wouldn't book any hotel a year ahead- too much can change between now and then. If you go that route- be sure it can be canceled. But I don't book anything much ahead.
Old May 29th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Yeoman

thanks karen

and you are right. i am one that likes to spend time on the computer comparing prices. if i get some room rates now i will know what to look for in a price when i get ready to really book. i have to admit that seattle is more expensive to stay at hotels than vancouver. it will be an adventure to get a good one in our price range.

can you tell me anything about the free bus zone in seattle. i have the seattle super saver brochure that is wonderful. it shows this zone and i wondered if it was a route with a cheap set price for the bus or just how it works. that makes choosing a hotel downtown even better. my friend who is going with me cant walk for long stretches at a time.

and please keep giving me advice. i am always open to good suggestions.

Post Edited (05-29-04 11:22)
Old May 29th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Familiar Face

Transportation is always free on any bus throughout the Downtown area. Covers a radius of about six miles going north-south. About a mile going east. (Puget Sound on the West.)
Old May 29th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Yeoman

MsM

thanks so much. i cant wait to get to seattle and see all there is to see and do there. it will be my first time visiting there and we want to get in as much as we can in 2 days. now that i know about the bus it will be even better.

Old May 30th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Lj

You could also consider staying near the Seattle Center (such as the Comfort Suites or others which are less expensive) and then take the Monorail to Westlake Center in downtown. Also look at the hotels for the free shuttles & other services they offer - some of the more pricey hotels do not always offer as much!
Old May 30th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Yeoman

lj

hotels by the needle are a possiblity. especially if we can just walk to sites at the needle and then get the free shuttle to downtown from the hotel. and we want to get a ride in on the monorail. as long as we are there it will be fun to do that. someone said it is kind of like the disney land monorail ride, but i have never been there so it wil be a new adventure for the two of us. as i said, this will be after our cruise so needless to say """our funds will be limited""""". so i will keep doing my net=surfing and checking things out.

have you stayed at the comfort suites?? i am having a hard time getting a response on how it is for a stay. any reveiw will be appriciated? also how about the holiday inn express??