Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Margaret

Default Weather in early July

My husband and I will be going to Alaska on the 4th of July. Was wondering what the weather would be like? We are signed up to do the dog sledding in Skagway and I'm not sure what kind of clothes to pack. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Weather in early July

You will need a range of attire- my list- lightweight lined jacket, variety of sweatshirts, tshirts, knit hat gloves, rain gear, 2 pair of walking shoes. I never take jeans- but always lined and unlined wind pants leggins. Along with your regular dining attire. KEY is quick drying and lightweight. I also always do my laundry off ship in Skagway and along my interior travels. Cuts way down on bulk. I find a lot of people are under prepared. There is plenty of shopping available if needed.
Old May 30th, 2004, 08:53 AM
travelling fools

Remember layers! I usually wear a tshirt,vest or sweater and lightweight squall-type jacket and take a small lightweight packback so that way I can remove as I get warm and put in my pack so I can have my hands free to shop.
I really hope you have fantastic weather as we sail on July 4th on the Norwegain SUN.
Old May 30th, 2004, 03:47 PM
HannaS77

Once upon a time the cruise ships used ply the Alaskan waters in late June or early July when it was still cold but in recent years we have found the July weather to be relatively warm, and I speak as a resident oft the desert area of California. Any temperature below 70 to me is cold. . However, it can rain often. And this is the Mosquitoes season so being along mosquitoes spray such as Deet, or buy it in local stores. he ships usually do not carry or provide mosquitoes spray.