Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2004, 04:57 PM
ptb

Default Re: Re: Did anyone else think Alaska was boring?

I would just like to thank the people who keep bringing up this thread. After six months it just wont die.
Bon Voyage!
PTB
Old December 8th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Dixie Lee

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO THERE!!! I live about 5 minutes from the gulf of mexico in Florida so maybe I am allready relaxed and I get to see marine life daily for free if i wish to. I dont know who to feel more sorry for. Me for not have an amazing overpriced time or for all of yor who are lying to yourselves.
Sorry! PTB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess people keep bring your post up because it is kinda shocking and hurtful that you would be so antagonistic towards those who have had a great time in Alaska and those that plan on going and count on and know that they will have a great time. Your post was pointless, actually. But, some people simply want others to share in their misery - can't be happy unless everyone around them is as miserable as you obviously are. I live 3 hours from the Panama City Beach area in Florida, and I understand that some find that area extremely popular. But, after a couple of trips there, I don't see the point - it is boring and THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO THERE!!! But, that is my opinion, and I share it solely for you to see how pointless it is to say that and how pointless your post was. People come to these boards to find out the in's and out's, tips and tricks, guidance and advice to make, what for some, will be the trip of a lifetime. I know that our trip to Alaska will be just that and we look forward to it and your post made no difference. I'm sorry for you.
Dixie Lee
Old December 20th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Did anyone else think Alaska was boring?

I can't believe what I just read. But in a way, I'm glad not everyone loves Alaska like I do because then it would be way too crowded. Wonder what this fella does for fun though..that is sad. I live in California and we have beaches, deserts, mountains, San Francisco and Hollywood...give me Alaska anytime.

Old December 25th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Thoth

Default Re: Re: Re: Did anyone else think Alaska was boring?

This thread started on 6-13-04 and continues on. Talk about beating a dead horse! I enjoyed Alaska while others didn't as much ...oh well.
Old December 27th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Did anyone else think Alaska was boring?

Thoth, you're getting off topic. You'll need to raise this criticism in a new post titled: "Did anyone else thing that thread was boring?"
Old February 5th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Dustypup

I've lived in Alaska for 30 years and still have not seen all of it . You can call Alaska many things (cold, wet, snowy, etc) but I can't imagine anyone ever calling it boring!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:53 PM
PhilBerg

This has got to be the record for a thread! Obviously a a provocative subject that get's lots of attention. I posted last June 14, 2004 just after it started about how I didn't expect it to be boring. We were thrilled beyond our expectations about everything. Now there are 65+ messages to convince anyone planning an Alaska cruise that they won't be disappointed.

And I did get the 1000 plus pictures and 8 hours of video to bring back. I uploaded to the ship's computer and brought back CD's for backup (I had lots of digital memory and rechargeable batteries).

I was expecting to enjoy Florida too, but the Hurricanes wiped that out. Another time.
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Beginner

WoW, You are a real DOWNER
Old March 9th, 2005, 11:41 PM
chewy

I grew up on the west coast of Florida too and around and on the water but Alaska is always something different when I go. I would be curious to know where you have been that you find exciting...enlighten us because maybe we are missing out on SO MUCH MORE!
Old March 17th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to segerdsegerd

I've never found Alaska boring.
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:52 PM
mslvp

I seem to recall the water being a bit rough the nite we sailed out of Vancouver on NCL in '01. In '03 on the Dawn Princess, I dont' remember this -but it was a bigger ship.
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:41 PM
JUGL11

Alaska - boring?? You have no soul! Must be a Republican. Go invest in an oil well & enjoy all the money you make from it.

The only vacation I've ever had that was more interesting than Alaska was when I got to see (& enter) The Pyramids in Egypt.

I'd go back to Alaska any time.
Old April 4th, 2005, 04:25 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

Must be a Republican???
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:16 PM
lgwilson

Ok the Republican remark - a little uncalled for. Now how would you like someone saying - must be a Liberal! Although if you are I'm sure you'd admit it right?
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:55 PM
JUGL11

Admit I'm a liberal? Of course!
Old April 5th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Republicans versus environment? Good contemporary discussion question.
A recent article regarding this very subject appeared in Minneapolis Star Tribune:

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/013105F.shtml
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:57 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

Im a Republican and proud of it,and I would NEVER take a jab at anyones party choice.You can think all you want,just better left keeping the remarks to yourself.And,btw,I have a LOT of soul !
Old April 5th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Please people, you are on the wrong board!! This is a forum for Alaska!

Old April 6th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Beginner

I guess I'm going to be bored then, come July. :-) We're taking a large family cruise on NCL Star out of Seattle for 7 days. There will be 21 of us, including 5 teen age girls and two little boys---all cousins. I have to admit, I have only sailed to Mexico. This will be my 7th cruise and first on NCL. Anyway, our budget will not allow for expensive excursions. It will have to be a walk around town to check out the souvenirs or a bus ride. But do I care? Nope. I cruise for the SHIP 90% of the time. I like the activities and the food and the entertainment. I will admit, I also like sunbathing near the pool, so that might put damper on my cruise in Alaska if I can't do that at all. But, hey, now I can do all the things I never did before because I was out on a lounge chair all day.

I don't have any expectations for our cruise to Alaska. We'll be able to be with our in-laws who are in their early 80s and who have cruised to Alaska twice. We'll also be celebrating two birthdays on board. Our daughter will turn 13 and her little cousin will be 3.

I'm looking forward to it! And, maybe someday I'll get to cruise on the Caribbean! I really am more about "beaches and tropical drinks and hot days sitting around the pool". But, I intend to enjoy Alaska, too!
Old April 6th, 2005, 01:44 PM
lgwilson

All I can say is GO BUSH!!!!!