Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Passenger

Default SEATTLE flying into day before where to STAY/ HOW 2 get 2 PI

I am flying into SEATTLE for a june Cruise any suggestions where to stay or how to get to pier conviently/expense. I read about where to eat and those were great suggestions. One person told me some hotels have specials with Princess and offer free shuttle to pier??? Anyone done this or other options

Old March 29th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Zeyda

Default Re: SEATTLE flying into day before where to STAY/ HOW 2 get

Hi, we are also flying into Seattle for our cruise in May. I looked at several options, and decided to be picked up by Quick Shuttle (www.quickshuttle.com), driven to Vancouver that afternoon and dropped off at the Holiday Inn just 9 blocks from the Pier. I decided that it would be better for us to be near the Pier the morning of our cruise.
Old March 29th, 2005, 08:21 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

Go to tripadvisor.com and at the bottom under hotels,put in Seattle and it will pull up all the hotels and their prices.They have a great Seattle forum that answers a lot of your questions.You can bid on seattlepriceline.com and most ppl stay in the downtown area.I know the SilverCloud is suppose to be a very good hotel outside of the downtown area for a reasonable price. I used priceline but wasnt as lucky as most.We are staying at the Vance hotel which is downtown,but an older hotel. It should have transportation listed under the Seattle section also. Dot
Old March 30th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Admiral

If you are sailing out of Seattle, then a downtown location will definately allow you more touring.
Old March 30th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Stayed at the Vance Hotel when departing out from Seattle , WA in Sept '04. Rooms are small as it is an older building; a nice lobby, etc. Not rundown but bathrooms lacking in counterspace/shelf space. My room was clean, bed comfortable, staff accommodating and easy walking distance (4 or 5 blks) to Pike's Market. AAA / AARP discounts. A $10 cab ride from hotel to pier. (I traveled solo so adjust cab fare accordingly.) Also, a Westin Hotel located half block from the Vance Hotel. Gray Line of Seattle runs economically priced buses from SeaTac to certain downtown hotels (like the Westin). Caution: Don't use 'em if you fly in the day of embarkation. It can be slow getting to your drop off point since they have busloads of passengers to drop off at various hotels and possible heavy city traffic to deal with. Quickest way is a $40/$45 cab. If your departure port is Seattle, WA then you'll embark your ship from one of the piers adjacent to downtown area.
Here's a link to get you oriented with downtown & Pier 66 or Terminal 30:
http://www.portseattle.org/about/map...overview.shtml
Hope this bit of info helps. Happy travels.