Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default For Karen

karen -- you seem to have been on bunches of alaska cruises! Where are you from? We are booked in September and my sister gave us 'frequent flyer miles' coming from Baton Rouge, Louisiana - to Vancouver the day of the cruise. We should arrive in Vancouver around noonish - with transfers to the ship. We shouldn't have a problem with the time frame, right? The ship doesn't leave until 5:30 I believe. Spirit - Carnival.
Praying for good weather in September! Oh.......you said you book September because of "cheap rates". Hell......we spent about 1400 pp for this trip ----- that sure isn't cheap! Of course, had to get a Balcony tho - cat 8B.
cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Default Re: For Karen

If at all possible come in the day before. And I would not use any ship transfers. Just get directly into a cab, most take credit cards, will be about $30++ca. As I mentioned, the Sept trips used to be "give aways", one year I paid $350 for the week, no longer. I live in Syracuse NY.
Old June 10th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: For Karen

Karen --- the flight is already set and I can't change it. And the transfers both ways for toth of us was only 60.00 (round trip transfer for 2). All i can do is pray now...and not worry ---
cheryl
Old June 10th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Pink

Default Re: Re: Re: For Karen

Good luck with your flight. You have a lots more confidence in the airlines than I do. Too bad you couldn't go the day before.
Karen - I'm glad to know where you are from also. I thought for sure you lived much closer to Alaska!
Pink
Old June 10th, 2005, 06:29 PM
DAVID1

Cherylroy, what ship are you on. My wife and I are going Radiance of Sea Sept 10. I hoping weather is good, but planning on enjoying trip either way. We are flying in same day as cruise also. I agree on no more cheap rates. Paid one arm and part of a leg. Of course lot of it was for airline. I am midway east coast.
Old June 10th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: For Karen

David -- we are going on Carnival Spirit. It leaves at 5:30 pm. We are flying in from Louisiana -- and praying. I wish I could have gotten a flight the day before, but trying to cut corners (extra expense for extra night hotel) I guess. Nothing I can do now, but sit and pray all is ok. If not, we will fly to the port and get on.??????? Should be in Vancouver by 1pm at the latest . Not sure how far the ship is from the airport. Where are you flying to/from? We leave tomorrow on the Elation out of Galveston! A much needed vacation! Driving to Galveston and ship leaves Sunday. Is this your first trip to Alaska?
cheryl
Old June 18th, 2005, 03:52 PM
First Mate

what airline will you be on. some of them have more delays than others. i would try to only take carry-on luggage so i could grab a cab and get to the ship as soon as possible. the new security has made the airports and customs even more lengthy. and yvr is very large and busy. dont take a bus too save money. you will not want to be even more stressed out about making it to the peir if there any delays at all or you run into bad weather. a taxi is quicker. i hope you make it.

Post Edited (06-18-05 15:55)
Old June 18th, 2005, 08:59 PM
gayle

A taxi from the airport will cost an arm and a leg.. the airpost is in Richmond. Maybe there is a shuttle downtown and take a cab from there.. good luck!!!!!!
Old June 19th, 2005, 07:57 AM
DAVID1

cherylroy, we are flying out of Raleigh/Durham NC. I suppose we are flying into Vancover. My travel agent set up the flight and cruise with RCI. The flight was much cheaper then going with the airlines. I kind of like it that way because I also have insurance with RCI and they will cover flight and cruise. They will see that I get there on time( hopefully).
This is our first cruise to Alaska. I recently retired and have gotten into cruising. This will be our 5th cruise and have another scheduled for Nov. Can't wait for Alaska. Went out and got some ponchos. Much luck on your trip out of Galveston. I know I am a little late responding. My mother passed away couple of weeks ago and things have been hectic.
Old June 19th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Admiral

For clairfication a cab from Vancouver airport to the ships is $30++ca. Hardly an "arm and leg". Use your credit card for the best exchange.