Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Beginner

Default travel to Alaska next summer need advice

I am plannning a trip to alaska next summer with kids 9, 12,16..need some help on best cruise line to take..here the smaller ships are better for touring but concerned the kids may enjoy larger ships better we have cruised as a family in the past on royal carribean and disney so my kids are used to fairly active cruise ships with things to do geared to kids...
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Are you looking at one way or round trip??? I am a big advocate on touring Alaska for the adults. Kids will have a great time no matter what ship they are on. All the major lines do a great job with the kids programs. Just don't expect the numbers of the Carribean in Alaska sailing.

Do your homework and determine your priority for the following- ports, time in ports, route, glacier, price. Budget fully for costly excursions, this isn't the place to skimp and you'll only get half a trip without them. A ship naturalist is a big bonus for Alaska first timer's.
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:13 AM
First Mate

We did the Carnival Spirit in Alaska two years ago. My daughters loved it. We have also done Disney, and they were very happy on this trip. They liked the Alaksa cruise so much we are doing it again in July 12, 2006.