Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Beginner

Default Seattle Airport

Hello Everyone! I am taking a cruise with my family in May 2008; and I am looking at making some flight arrangements out of Sea-Tac. What time would be the best time to look at; I was thinking after 12.....

I have cruised before (just my husband and I) but that was only trips to Mexico; and each time we got off the ship around 9am.

Also, has anyone had their child in the Adventure Club? How did you like it? Do I need to sign my son up now or do I need to do it on the ship?
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2008, 11:47 PM
Passenger

Noon will be cutting things close. I'd do 2pm at the earliest. Otherwise you have no slack for traffic, waiting for a bus or taxi, disembarking delays, long airport security lines, etc. If you have checked baggage it's especially true.

I haven't disembarked at Seattle, let us know what ship, day of the week, and if it's coming from Canada (need to clear US Customs). Someone with personal experience can give you a better answer, mine is based on many business trips to SEA.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Admiral

You should have no problem with a noon flight out of Seattle, I've done it twice in the last two years. IF you are open to getting off your ship early, catch a cab to the airport, you will make it. Better yet is to self disembark and be first off the ship.
Old April 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Karen,
How far is the airport from the port in Seattle...I'm also looking at an 11:00 flight, but I don't think I want to risk that one...

Also, if I have a flight arriving at 10:38AM the day of the cruise, which leaves at 4:00, do you see any problems there? The air is the killer for these cruises.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Admiral

Donna,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hi Karen,
How far is the airport from the port in Seattle...I'm also looking at an 11:00 flight, but I don't think I want to risk that one...

Also, if I have a flight arriving at 10:38AM the day of the cruise, which leaves at 4:00, do you see any problems there? The air is the killer for these cruises.
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), commonly called "SeaTac," is midway between the two cities. On a cruise beginning or ending in Seattle, I would allow an hour to travel between the pier and the airport in case you encounter heavy traffic.

>> The flight arriving at 10:38 AM is fine.

>> The flight departing at 11:00 AM is too early.

With regard to time of departure, it's best to have your travel agent call your cruise line and ask the time of the earliest flight for which the cruise line will accept transfer bookings, then book a flight no earlier than that time.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Time to fly out of Seattle

I just called HAL, because I am flying out of SEATAC from a cruise too, going through Victoria, which means going through customs in Seattle. The HAL agenda said noon or after is the perfect time to go. We have a 12:30 on Alaska and I was thinking the same thing.
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Admiral

I think a noon flight should work fine....I didn't take the 11:00, didn't want to chance it, so the next one was 2:15....We're on that one.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenish
Noon will be cutting things close. I'd do 2pm at the earliest. Otherwise you have no slack for traffic, waiting for a bus or taxi, disembarking delays, long airport security lines, etc. If you have checked baggage it's especially true.

I haven't disembarked at Seattle, let us know what ship, day of the week, and if it's coming from Canada (need to clear US Customs). Someone with personal experience can give you a better answer, mine is based on many business trips to SEA.
Use the express way off the ship by taking your own luggage very easy, also use a towncar service or cab. You will get off the ship around 0900 and you will have plenty of time to get to the airport. We just got back from the star princess May 11-18, 2008 towncar service $40.00 one way per car not person.
Adventure of the seas
Old May 26th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Hey Diane,
Would love to hear some details about Star Princess, what to do, what NOT to do....

Thanks,

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 26th, 2008, 04:22 PM
First Mate

Default To Diane From Texas

Diane,

I too would love to hear your experience on the Star Princess, as I'm sailing on this ship June 1st (next Sat). I've left my personal email in a personal message for you (see "PM's link above).

Thank you so much!
My2Cents
Old June 11th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Hey Diane,
Would love to hear some details about Star Princess, what to do, what NOT to do....

Thanks,
I have posted my review on the site under "readers review"
Adventure of the seas
Old June 11th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Thanks Diane,
I'll check it out.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 11th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Diane,
Some great tips in your review, glad you posted it. I'm on my way to see if we can do a whale watching in Juneau with Capt. Larry. I origionally didn't think there was enough time, but it looks like there is..

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 14th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Diane,
Some great tips in your review, glad you posted it. I'm on my way to see if we can do a whale watching in Juneau with Capt. Larry. I origionally didn't think there was enough time, but it looks like there is..
Have a great trip...I'm ready to go again because there is just so much to do that one trip is not enough.
Adventure of the seas