Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
Passenger

Default 7 day, 7 night?

This question I know can be answered by many people who have taken the Alaskan cruises, specifically on Carnivals Spirit. I have asked my travel agent, and she hasn't emailed me yet, so you all might be faster. But if we leave on a wednesday, being June 10, 09, and it says 7 day....what day of the week do we actually disembark....Tues, or Wednesday in Whittier? I am beginning to realize that the flight arrangements can be very different for just one days difference in itinerary? Needless to say, we have plenty of time to plan, but most of us want to get the flights nailed down as soon as possible, so thats in the next couple months. Then we can plan fun stuff!!

Thanks
Jayne
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jayne,
You should be able to go to the Carnival site, view the itinary and see the exact number of days and specific dates and go from there. It almost sounds like an 8 day one.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 23rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Passenger

I have the itinerary on the Carnival site, but because they list days at sea as a day, there are many more lines of information added than there are days, and when you leave one port, have a day at sea and arrive at the next port, it looks like two days, but I am not sure. That is why I asked. Oh well...time to keep searching.
Jayne
Old May 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Beginner

We are booked on the Spirit in September for our very first cruise.

The Alaskan cruises leave on a Wednesday and return on a Wednesday. Is really only 6days/7nights as leaves late Wed afternoon and returns early Wed morning.

http://www.vancouver.com/webcam/

I check the Canada Place cam regularly to see what ships are coming and going

Cheers
Col & Sue
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Ok, that explains it. I was actually looking to cruise on Spirit, but the Wed to Wed wouldn't work for me.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 25th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: 7 day, 7 night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne10
This question I know can be answered by many people who have taken the Alaskan cruises, specifically on Carnivals Spirit. I have asked my travel agent, and she hasn't emailed me yet, so you all might be faster. But if we leave on a wednesday, being June 10, 09, and it says 7 day....what day of the week do we actually disembark....Tues, or Wednesday in Whittier? I am beginning to realize that the flight arrangements can be very different for just one days difference in itinerary? Needless to say, we have plenty of time to plan, but most of us want to get the flights nailed down as soon as possible, so thats in the next couple months. Then we can plan fun stuff!!

Thanks
Jayne
If you board on a Saturday , disembark on a Saturdy (7Days/7 Nights).
This will vary if you are more or less than 7 days. The cruiseline website or Vacations to Go gives you the itnerary for the cruise.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess