Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

All Other Cruise Lines All cruise lines not listed by name below

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Beginner

Default MV Discovery

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Hi guys : I am trying to get this message out as far and wide as I can even including the British press.
Currently onboard the Discovery which suffered an engine seizure about a month ago and is trying to cross the Atlantic from Antigua to Harwich in 11days with a half day break in the Azores; not exactly as scheduled and their offer of goodwill in the form of $200 on board credit and 20% off a future cruise is laughable but that is not the worst!
The ship is obviously understaffed with deckhands doubling up as waiters and vive versa and it is obvious to all aboard that there is a cash flow problem.
This has been confirmed in the worst possible way by the revelation that the crew are not receiving the tips which we the passengers have paid; they are running scared for their jobs but some are willing to run the risk of telling us the truth even though they have been told not to!
In this the 21st Century this in absolutely unbelievable.
Voyages of Discovery have a US office and a phone number so beseige them with calls of protest.
Boycott them entirely and this comes from a passenger with over 100 days with them and counting! THey are so cheapskate they even call our Grand Amazon cruise of 42 days which comprises 3 back to back cruises 1 cruise to avoid giving us a free bottle of champagne at the start of each leg and we will not be invited to a repeaters party till just before Harwich: they know what they can do with that invitation.
This is not a spoof email it really is the truth and I can provide email addresses of other passengers if needed.
WE are complaining to the officers on board but since they are probably all party to this scam I don't think we will get anywhere!
Spread the word please even to your national press.
Thanks. Paul
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:41 AM
Beginner

Update on current situation:
Meeting held last night between officers and crew when they were told that due to low level of bookings on current cruise (we are sailing virtually full) there may not be any tips at the end or at best very little!
I wrote to the Bermudan Authorities and have received a reply from Sea Chefs who appear to be managing the operation entirely refuting my allegations (so why are the crew so upset?) It appears that there is some complex formula used to calculate how much the crew might get linked to volume of passengers not necessarily what we spend on wine and drinks!
So the service charge we pay inclusive in our drinks price is not really a service charge at all; it is a contribution to overall costs!
What a way to run an operation.
Still they are so concerned they are putting a representative onboard 10th to 12th May to discuss grievances with the crew so hopefully we have got somewhere.