Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Beginner

Default Transatlantic Cruise

We are planning to take the Celebrity Constellation,13 Night Transatlantic Cruise and are debating whether to get a balcony or not. The cruise begins on Apr 11 and goes from Florida, to Kings Wharf, Bermuda, Cork, Ireland, Brest, France, Paris (Le Havre), France, Cherbourg, France, and Harwich, England. The debate is whether the weather in the North Atlantic at this time will make the balcony almost unusable. Any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Weather and sea conditions are to say the least .. variable.

A couple of years back we did our first crossing in April and I was leary about what to expect. We had seas as smooth as a bathtub all the way acorss, with sunshine and pool weather each day. And we loved sitting out on the balcony.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Depends on what you use it for. Not for tanning, but to open up and see great scenery, yes, I think so. You have some beautiful ports, plus you are going to Florida, so at least part of the time you will have sunshine.
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Weather and sea conditions are to say the least .. variable.

A couple of years back we did our first crossing in April and I was leary about what to expect. We had seas as smooth as a bathtub all the way acorss, with sunshine and pool weather each day. And we loved sitting out on the balcony.
Good to hear, we are looking at Celebrity transatlantic, but feared rough seas. Each time we have headed east (Eastern Caribbean) we have had very rough seas and thought it might continue that way across the pond.
Old October 17th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Beginner

if your a beginner, I'd say......forget the balcony..........Save a few dollars and get and outside cabin with a window. If you can afford it, and want a little bigger room with a balcony, Id say go concierge class cabin. But then you will get spoiled like i have after having gone conierge class.
Old October 17th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Admiral

I just got off the connie TA going the opposite direction asbout 20 days ago.

We loved our balcony and used her alot-even when out in the middle of the Atlantic. In fact the last sea day before reaching Newfoundland, a poor fellow was helicoptered off for a bleeding ulcer and ofcourse my hubby videoed the helicopter from our balcony!

There is nothing like morning coffee on your balcony out in the Atlantic! We loved it! Go for it! especially as Celebrity's price for that upcoming cruise are so great! That cruise is much less then their winter caribbean cruises-. for the price of the balcony you would just get an inside cabin in the caribbean-so since the price is low-go for a balcony.

BTW-yes we had rough seas-but as we were on deck 6 midship-I was not bothered when in my stateroom-I just got very sick at the Bar At The End of the Earth as it was forward and the very top deck, I also felt queezy in the dinningroom as it was the very back of the ship. but out on my balcony was no problem! book a midship balcony aroound deck 6 if you can-we loved 6090-our stateroom! yes there are bigger balconies-but we prefer midship.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Transatlantic Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitraveler
We are planning to take the Celebrity Constellation,13 Night Transatlantic Cruise and are debating whether to get a balcony or not. The cruise begins on Apr 11 and goes from Florida, to Kings Wharf, Bermuda, Cork, Ireland, Brest, France, Paris (Le Havre), France, Cherbourg, France, and Harwich, England. The debate is whether the weather in the North Atlantic at this time will make the balcony almost unusable. Any advice.
I was hoping you would post back and tell me more about your upcoming trip, I am so jealous and wish I were going with you! I am going into transalantic DTs I guess-Saturday will be one month since we got off the Connie in NJ.