Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2007, 04:01 PM
Beginner

Default graduation!! cruise for four 18 yr old girls, which one?

Hey so in may class of 08 will be graduating! me and 3 of my best friends are asking for a cruise for our graduation presents and we're beyond lost as to which one to go with!

we're not so picky as to where the cruise goes [something tropical ideally of course] but we just want to find a fun cruise we like to party and have a good time, meet guys and dance! any advice or stories from your cruise experience to help us choose a cruise line for this summer would be greatly appreciated!!

we live in Texas if that helps, looking for a 7 night cruise! thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

First off, you'd have to go with at least two people over 21.

Two ships sail out of Galveston for seven-day cruises. One Carnival (Carnival Conquest) and one RCL (Voyager of the Seas).

Times sure have changed, I graduated from high school 21 years ago (yikes) and all I got for a grad gift was a stereo system (of which I still have the receiver and record player--I tossed the cassette deck because it stopped working this year!). I could only ever dream of a vacation, my parents took us on the usual camping trip from hell every year, and it always turned out to be from HELL each and every time. First real family vacation from hell was a three-day fishing trip on Vancouver Island! I didn't consider that a holiday because it ended up "in Hell" by the end. I had to wait until I was 21 to go on my first cruise, alone, and it was wonderful!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old December 23rd, 2007, 04:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Shirley Jones
Default Re: graduation!! cruise for four 18 yr old girls, which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicaMEcrazyy
Hey so in may class of 08 will be graduating! me and 3 of my best friends are asking for a cruise for our graduation presents and we're beyond lost as to which one to go with!

we're not so picky as to where the cruise goes [something tropical ideally of course] but we just want to find a fun cruise we like to party and have a good time, meet guys and dance! any advice or stories from your cruise experience to help us choose a cruise line for this summer would be greatly appreciated!!

we live in Texas if that helps, looking for a 7 night cruise! thanks!
sry girls like she said you have to have someone in cabin who is 21 or older
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11
Old December 23rd, 2007, 04:46 PM
Beginner

oh i forgot to mention, my parents would be coming too
haha thanks for the replies so far
Old December 23rd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Misguidedangel you got a stereo system, wow. When I graduated from high school my dad gave me a double sawbuck and said have fun. Of course that was more than 21 years ago.

Oasis OTS 6/2015
Serenade OTS 12/2015
Jewel OTS 3/2016
Harmony OTS 12/2016
Serenade OTS 12/2016
Old December 26th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm new to the whole cruise thing as well, but I've been doing plenty of homework. I live in Houston, so like someone else mentioned Galveston is a convenient place to cruise out of. There are the two boats that MisGuidedAngel mentioned, but the Royal Caribbean one will actually be in Europe in May and June so it won't be around. That leaves the Carnival Conquest, but that's not a bad thing, it seems a great ship, and is actually cheaper than the RCI one.

My wife and I will be riding the Conquest in March/April of this year, and we can't wait!! It has a good trip itenerary with stops in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.
Old December 30th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Admiral

As stated above, "Conquest" is a great ship, and I know you'd have a fantastic cruise aboard her. Carnival is a fantastic line, and really, in my opinion, offers the most for the money. Give it a shot,,,you won't be sorry.

Ken
"Sky"
Old December 30th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Admiral

I hope no one minds but I want to clear some misinformation up in case someone else reads this thread and takes the information here as the gospel truth.
I'd sure feel bad if a bunch of young high school grads showed up to board with their 21 year old budy and got turned away and lost the money they paid for their cruise fare, because they didn't get the straight poop.

In case someone is doing their homework

Here is Carnival's policy regarding guests under 21:

MINOR GUESTS

Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent, grandparent or guardian 25 years or older in the same stateroom.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T...cy_policy.aspx

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 30th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Admiral

And here is Royal Caribbean's slightly less restrictive policy.

Quote:
Q: What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?

A: No guest under the age of twenty-one (21) will be reserved in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-one (21) years of age, or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms or under-aged married couples (proof of marriage is required). Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to ask for proof of age. Royal Caribbean International's age policy for gambling and consumption of alcoholic beverages is as follows: Please note: An individual's age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the entire cruise vacation.

ALCOHOL POLICY
Effective as of all sailings commencing on or after July 28, 2006, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International ships is 21.

However, on cruises departing from European and South American countries, where the legal drinking age is typically lower than 21, a parent who is sailing with his or her son(s) and/or daughter(s) who is between the ages of 18 to 20, may sign a waiver allowing the 18 to 20 year old to consume alcoholic beverages.

The 18- to 20 year-old must agree to comply with Royal Caribbean's policies, including among other things, agreeing to not provide alcoholic beverages to any other person, regardless of age. Restrictions apply, and this policy is subject to change without notice.
Of course, you could always sail Regent Seven Seas Cruises. !8 or older are allowed to be on their own. Only problem is max of three in a stateroom; you would have to ditch one of your friends. Regent is all inclusive for alcohol and I believethat the drinking age is 18.

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

Seven Seas Mariner - Bermuda - April 2016

Seven Seas Explorer - Med - October 2016
Old December 30th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Admiral

Marc, I could just imagine a crew of young, vigorous, fun seeking 18 year olds on a Radisson Cruise... I know the food, accomodations, and entertainment are terrific but the cost of the cruise fare and average age of their fellow passengers might not be the average high school grad's cup of tea, I would also love to read the reviews their fellow passengers write upon their return. I can see it now... Spring Break on the 7 Seas,
"I'll never cruise when school is out again, the ship was full of Party Animals."

Lol!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 30th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Admiral

Our first Regent (Radisson) cruise was over Christmas and New Years. We did have a family group that did include some teenage girls. On all of our cruises, there seems to be a smattering of teenagers or twenty-somethings. You would be surprised how young the average age is on Regent; especially the shorter cruises.

Still, I was just pointing out that Regent was a possibility and, if alcohol is included and available to 18 year olds, could be the least expensive option. As for the responses of the other guests, depends on the girl's behaviour....

.....and how much the eye candy is appreciated.

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Horace

Seven Seas Mariner - Bermuda - April 2016

Seven Seas Explorer - Med - October 2016