Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default ACTUAL Choice Dining

When we book our cruise, we select our cabin, we select our seat on the airplane. With the internet and computers and so much accessibility it would be a small jump to selecting our dining time and table.

As it stands, our dining time is just a REQUEST until we check in and board the ship. Wouldn't it be a good idea to allow selecting our dining time and table when we book the cruise?

So many people make a mad dash to the dining room when they board the ship because they want to change their seating or dining time. It would be so much easier to select this when the cruise is booked to alleviate the complaints.

It could either work first come - first choice, or allow a certain number of reserved tables that can't be pre-booked. I'd like to see this happen.[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
Admiral

I think that the problem is that the cruise lines don't even do all cabin assignments, etc. until the day of sailing. Since they try to accomodate families and other larger groups, they don't want to commit to table assignments until after they have taken care of the groups. It may not be fair to singles or couples, but I do appreciate that families want to sit together, etc. I sure don't want somebody else's kids or elderly parents assigned to my table by themselves. I like kids and the elderly, but not responsibility for others.
Marty
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
I think that the problem is that the cruise lines don't even do all cabin assignments, etc. until the day of sailing.
And those people will be accommodated the same way they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
...but I do appreciate that families want to sit together, etc. I sure don't want somebody else's kids or elderly parents assigned to my table by themselves.
And people who travel together will only be allowed to reserve tables together.

I see this as very workable, and also a great way to pick your dining time and table.