CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Got a ship secret.? Share please:) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/371027-got-ship-secret-share-please.html)

Trip January 20th, 2010 02:59 PM

Got a ship secret.? Share please:)

So many of our cruisers, seem to find places onboard that they really click with... for some it's a lounge, others may find the piano bar, hits the spot, and for many, they just find a quiet spot that seems to make them happy.

Why don't we see if we can get a list going, with some fave spots our Cruisemates have found, that soothes their soul...Also, if you have fallen in love with an entertainer, share their names, so others can go see them, if they find themseves on the same ship.

Off the top of my head, I know RD, Venice and Cruisequeen, have found their own faves...add your own, and share :-)

katlady January 20th, 2010 04:24 PM

I love the Fish n Chips on deck 10 of the Carnival Freedom. I was sick during the cruise and wanted soup. Oddly enough soup is hard to get on a cruise ship. The Fish N Chips has a seafood bouillabaisse that really hits the spot if you aren't feeling well.

rollerdonna January 20th, 2010 08:16 PM

I beg to differ katlady, seafood bouillabaisse would be the one to MAKE me sick! (I'm not a big seafood fan..)
However I do agree with the Fish 'n chip place - great food!

One of our favourite spots, on Princess ships, are the aft pools. Smaller, but much less used, quiet (no blaring music or hairy chest contests), a little more privacy, and the best views aft!

Speaking of Princess, I have to put in my 2 cents worth for our favo`rite performer, BERT STRATTON from the Caribbean Princess.
He is no longer performing onboard, at the moment he is songwriting in his new home in Nashville, however once or twice a year he hosts a "Bert Cruise" with Princess, check out his website for more info...

donna

Aerogirl January 20th, 2010 09:01 PM

When I was on my cruise in December I was looking for a spot to get away from everyone and just look up at the stars and feel the breeze against my face. I found the sun deck in front of the mini golf at the very front of the ship there was this big windshield type of divider. It was part glass and part metal. I went to the front part of it and laid against the metal part . It was so peaceful and I was completely alone, it was if I where the only person in the middle of the ocean. Great!!!

KellieinNapa January 21st, 2010 07:58 PM

Norwegian Pride of America in Hawaii - For breakfast, we walked all the way to the outside dining on the back of the ship, hardly anyone was back there. We left the crowds each morning and enjoyed breakfast looking at that day's view. Also, the performers ate back there and it was fun to see them. There was the same buffet outside (though smaller) AND we had our own coffee machine that made latte's and espressos!

inv106 January 25th, 2012 01:16 PM

Late at night about the only time to find true serenity up on lido.

HawkeyeFLA January 25th, 2012 01:42 PM

On the Carnival Imagination, and I assume all Fantasy Class ships, the balcony over the bridge. It's accessable from the Verandah deck. Great place for sailaway and just a great place to feel the wind in your hair, well except maybe when the ship is experiencing 20mph+ winds like we did one night on my last cruise. :-p

ToddDH January 25th, 2012 03:23 PM

I'll soon have a new favorite place at least on the Epic. For now, however, one of my favorite places (other than our forward facing 320 Sq. ft. cabin) on the Explorer of the Seas (on which we took all three of our cruises) was the lounge all the way at the top near the stern. You could look down on the pools and the vistas, especially when initially entering ports, were magnificent.

Oh, a little trivia here. Being a history buff on the Second World War and Naval vessels as well as Ocean liners, I once ran across a mid thirties photo of the German light cruiser Karlshrue (sp?) sitting in a bay that looked awfully familiar. It should have. It was the bay at St. Thomas. Nothing there but jungle behind it! It was anchored alongside a supply ship to the opposite of where today's pier lies.

Lakers Fan January 25th, 2012 11:53 PM

"I have a secret but I promise not to tell"

Truck Cruiser January 26th, 2012 12:46 AM

One of the best places to lounge on a cruise ship is the deck where the lifeboats would be loaded up. No loud music and no big crowds. It is a inside/oceanview cabins balcony :-)

I found a great cabin spot on the NCL Pearl, but i'm not tellin where it is.:p

green_rd January 26th, 2012 09:15 AM

For sail away from Venice, Princess Grand Class - the very bow of the ship - step out on the promenade, walk forward and go up one flight of steps.

For evenings, piano bar

Mornings, my balcony

Surfguyxxx1 February 18th, 2012 01:09 PM

On sea day in the early AM, I like to go up on deck with my coffee thermos and watch the sun rising. Usually spectacular and can be done on every ship!

aerospace February 18th, 2012 01:54 PM

The adults area jacuzzi early in the AM right when it opens. Everyone's asleep or at breakfast so it's deserted and you have a great view of the sunrise. Grab a glass of OJ on the way and an ipod if your so inclined.

JQH February 20th, 2012 05:28 PM

Aft Deck under aqua theatre (I think that was deck 7) on Oasis. Best place to watch wake during disembarkation.

Ron February 21st, 2012 12:24 AM

Ah, but if you find that certain spot and broadcast it on the inter-net, it may not be so private the next time you want to use it! :wink: :wink: