CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Bed Bugs (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/376383-bed-bugs.html)

Catherinelady August 24th, 2010 04:33 PM

Bed Bugs

With the increased infestation of American hotels, theatres and cinemas (A ny cinema was recently closed down) due to bed bugs, have any cruise ships seen an infestation?

Mike M August 24th, 2010 04:54 PM

Yep:

There are periodic reports of bed bugs on cruise ships. They have hit almost every cruise line including the luxury lines.

I have not heard of any extended infestations on a cruise ship. They take care of them fairly quickly.

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan August 24th, 2010 07:31 PM

You can check The National Bedbug Registry .They have a listing for hotels ,cruise ships ,etc .

Mike M August 24th, 2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1312169)
You can check The National Bedbug Registry .They have a listing for hotels ,cruise ships ,etc .

Henry,

I didn't know they could register. I wonder how anyone can see their tiny little writing. ;):o

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan August 24th, 2010 08:56 PM

Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1312208)
Henry,

I didn't know they could register. I wonder how anyone can see their tiny little writing. ;):o

Take care,
Mike

Miracle of modern science :D

Lakers Fan August 25th, 2010 11:00 AM

On Tuesday, the pest control company Terminix released its list of the 15 most bedbug-infested cities in the nation. To compile the rankings, the company used data on the number of calls received by its service centers nationwide that reported a bedbug problem.

Certainly, this is one list that no city or town wants to top, and while that distinction went to a place that has long fought a public battle with the blood-sucking insects, the appearance of four Ohio metropolises in the top 15 is a bit eye-catching. Per Terminix, here is how the list shakes out.
1. New York
2. Philadelphia
3. Detroit
4. Cincinnati
5. Chicago
6. Denver
7. Columbus, Ohio
8. Dayton, Ohio
9. Washington, D.C.
10. Los Angeles
11. Boston
12. Indianapolis
13. Louisville, Ky.
14. Cleveland
15. Minneapolis

Ron August 26th, 2010 10:40 PM

A couple days ago I saw a bit on the news regarding the little buggers and it listed some of the top cities and the best I can remember it was pretty much as Henry has it down.
I do remember that Ohio had 4 large cities listed as tops for homes for the little suckers!
So my dear sailing friends, remember that if you do see one on a cruise ship, it very likely was brought there attached to someone's bum, in their wrinkles, in their clothes, luggage, etc.
Still " itching " to go ?? :) :) :)

Lakers Fan August 26th, 2010 11:12 PM

You can't live your life being afraid of bugs

Ron August 26th, 2010 11:55 PM

Just take a jar of big bugs to eat the little buggers and problem solved !!
;-) ;-)

Donna August 27th, 2010 09:48 AM

Hey Ron,
I think I watched the same news program about bed bugs....ugh, gives me the creeps.

AF1 August 27th, 2010 11:43 AM

I live in Cincinnati and the bed bugs problem is on the local radio stations and news stations about once a week.

Ron August 27th, 2010 11:35 PM

AH1, I live across the river in Ky. Do be sure to keep your bugs on your side of the river, please!! :wink: :wink:

robh August 28th, 2010 02:15 AM

All I can say is 'Ouch' :mad:

Haimia August 30th, 2010 10:06 AM

I think Kentucky had them before Cincinnati. I have a DD in Dayton and I hope like everything that she does not carry them home!~