CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Another Anti-cruising article (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/393763-another-anti-cruising-article.html)

Paul Motter December 21st, 2012 11:22 AM

Another Anti-cruising article

This one is not as biased as it is uninformed.... You can see that I wrote to him in there and that he replied to me.

Modern cruising isn't the Love Boat | ZDNet

Trip December 21st, 2012 12:26 PM

To me, it sounded like her really would have preferred to have stayed home. This is the first time I ever heard a comment, like the corridors are cramped??.....He sounds like an unhappy whiner.

I knew immediately as I scrolled, which repsonse was yours,Paul...and it was a good one.

Kuki December 21st, 2012 12:33 PM

Just over a month ago, I wrote this Blog
Cruisemates Blog Cruising Is Not For Everyone ? Kuki

I think this fellow fits:D. And it sounds as if they didn't do much research on what would fit them.... just found the "best deal" and booked... which is probably #1 on the list of firt timer mistakes.

His article basically reads like a stereotype of a first timers mistakes.

storybookcruises.com December 21st, 2012 02:29 PM

Thanks, Paul!

I responded to his article, also. I thought it was very negative and unfair. But this is typical of reporters nowadays - they are quick to point out negatives, but slow to praise. Unfortunately, it's become a fact of life throughout the media.

But it really irritates me that someone taking one cruise and making all the mistakes of a first time cruiser, as Kuki pointed out, turns around and writes an article like this. I have to ask; what was their intent? Did they just want to complain to everyone who wants to read it or is it to influence others not to take a cruise simply because he didn't enjoy his?

It would be someone who has never tasted cheese before trying a piece of one cheese and decide all cheeses taste bad. There are hundreds of different types of cheeses out there and not everyone likes every kind, but unless you're allergic or sensitive to cheese, there's one out there you'll like - you just have to keep trying until you find one you like. But yes, there are always those out there who simply don't like cheese.

Just not sure if this guy is allergic to cruises or one who simply doesn't like them.

Pete

Donna December 21st, 2012 04:08 PM

By the sound of this guys article/cruise, he really didn't do much homework to find out what is included and what is extra....We all know what to expect and are prepared for paying for anything extra we may want to have while on board...

Yes, we all know cruising isn't for everyone and quite possibly he and his wife may have had a better expierence on a different ship/different cruiseline??? It pays to do a little homework than book a cruise in short notice...