Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:49 PM
Captain

Smile Where does it fit in

Was just browsing some cruises and started wondering what category Norwegian cruise line would fit in? Is it more in line with Carnival And Royal Caribbean? Or would they be more in line with Princess and Celebrity? Just curious. Oh by the way are new granddaughter(Holly) is just getting ready to turn 6 months old she is so awesome and such a little cutey pie.I just had to put that out there altho it has nothing to do with cruising I just cant help myself
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
Was just browsing some cruises and started wondering what category Norwegian cruise line would fit in? Is it more in line with Carnival And Royal Caribbean? Or would they be more in line with Princess and Celebrity? Just curious. Oh by the way are new granddaughter(Holly) is just getting ready to turn 6 months old she is so awesome and such a little cutey pie.I just had to put that out there altho it has nothing to do with cruising I just cant help myself
First: Congratulations on the new granddaughter!! Grandkids are your reward for not killing your kids when they were teenagers.

I would put NCL in the same "category" as Carnival and Royal Caribbean. I wouldn't put them in the same category as Princess or Celebrity. They are more "active" than those lines. The Freestyle cruising concept, while much has been adopted by other lines, is still one of NCL's big differences. They have more alternative dining options than Carnival and most Royal Caribbean ships. Their entertainment is more diverse than Carnival and most Royal Caribbean ships. Oasis and Allure are more similar to NCL than any other ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet.

NCL is my overall favorite cruise line because they can be as "fun" as Carnival and as, or more, diverse in entertainment and dining as Royal Caribbean.

Just remember to add $100 to $150 to your cruise budget to fully enjoy a NCL cruise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I agree with Mike's catagorizing NCL with RCI and Carnival.....the pay venues for dining, we just loved, as well as the entertainment diversity.

The pool deck is fun, if you love the slides and want more then just a pool...
I think it's a "fun ship" too!

Oh,and btw..enjoy the little one..time flies!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator