Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2000, 09:54 PM
AJW

Default Empress Vs. Riviera on Celebration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are booked on the Celebration 5/7/01. Originally we had "inside" cabins midship on the Empress Deck. We I called to add another cabin the agent highly suggested taking an "outside" cabin midship on the Riviera Deck for $20 less per person. Besides convenience what is the difference in the two decks? My main concern is engine noise and movement. HELP!
Angie
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2000, 02:29 PM
Dawn Stefano

Default RE: Empress Vs. Riviera on Celebration

If both cabins are mid-ship you shouldn't be bothered by motion unless the seas are unusually rough. I don't have a deck plan in front of me, but the rule is that the lower and farther aft you go the more you might hear engine noise. However, I've had aft cabins on the lowest passenger deck on both Princess and Windstar ships and have never been bothered by noise of any kind. You should be okay in either case, but outside is always better than inside IMHO!
Old November 22nd, 2000, 06:28 PM
TWOFER

Default RE: Empress Vs. Riviera on Celebration

We have sailed on a sister ship, Jubilee, both inside and out. Had inside on Riviera and outside on Empress, just opposite of your position. I would take the outside cabin, you can't beat the price. Don't concern yourself about the noise on either deck. The motion is nothing to worry about on either deck mid-ship. You didn't say where you are sailing to but unless seas are running rough, the ship will sail smooth. If you haven't booked the outside, I wouldn't wait too long. Happy sailing!