Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2001, 03:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Last minute ????

Eight days until cruise time...finally!!!! This board has been very helpful and I've learned lots of good stuff. Should we tip our cabin steward as soon as we arrive? Is there anyone else we should tip pre cruise time. Also, does anyone know anything about cabin size and location? We have 3064H on the Enchantment. I know it's mid ship but I think it's pretty close to the water and am not sure about the size (I hope it's not too crowded). We'll learn from this cruise but next time, we may let our teenagers have their own room. We actually don't plan on being in the room too much so we'll probably be just fine. Thanks everyone for the good things I've learned on this message board.
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2001, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Last minute ????

Hi Laura,
No, you don't need to tip the cabin stewart when you arrive, usually the last nite, he's leave all the envelopes in your cabin before dinner. At that time, you can take the envelopes to dinner with you for the waiter and busboy, leave the one for the cabin stewart in the cabin, don't worry he'll find it :-) Not sure about the cabin, hope you all find the cruise enjoyable, bet you will. In case you haven't read up on all the information for first time cruisers, here is the link:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Enjoy Enchantment!

Donnassei
Old March 25th, 2001, 05:10 PM
tannise

Laura: If you go to mytravelco.com this site has virtual tours and you can tour your cabin category. There are also deck plans, so you can see where your cabin is in relation to elevators, etc. Have a great time.
Old March 30th, 2001, 06:38 AM
Admiral

All staff is tipped the last evening of the cruise, or sometimes on the last formal night. They'll provide envelopes for steward, bus boy and waiter, plus suggested tipping amounts, in your cabin. The night you tip everyone, simply hand the steward his/her envelope and say "thank you." At dinner, tips are handed out at the end of the meal...you discreetly give the waiter and bus boy their tip envelope at the end of the meal, as you're ready to leave.