Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2001, 09:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default More first timer questions

Ok, I am wondering about how comfortable the beds are on a cruise ship...and the pillows. I suffer from aching neck muscles from time to time,(going to a chiropractor) so should I take along a neck roll??? Am thinking so, since our flight time will be 5-6 hours non stop so may have to have a nap on the way and airline pillows aren't that great. Also, should we be taking along beach towels from home? That sure will be alot of bulk, but somewhere I read that the towels aren't that big from the ship. Are you allowed to take towels off ship? Are they regulation size beace towels or large sized bath towels? Cruise is only 10 days away, I'm starting to feel alittle nervous...just want to make sure I take the right stuff along (clothes, etc)!
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2001, 10:13 PM
Mike Mastellar

Default Re: More first timer questions

Deb:
If you have neck problems then I would recommend the neck roll. If the bed is too hard for you, request a mattress pad from your cabin steward. If it's too soft then I don't know what to suggest.

The beach towels provided by the ships are basically LARGE bath towels. But I would suggest using them instead of packing your own. You can take the towels off the ship. You just need to return them when you return. You can take two if the size is not large enough.

It sure is fun being so close to your first cruise. Don't worry too much, you'll have a great time. I spent so much time figuring out what I needed to pack and I was so excited, that I forgot to pack the cruise documents, passport and airline tickets. Luckily I remembered about 1 mile from home.

Take Care and Have wonderful cruise;
Mike
Old March 27th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Admiral

On Carnival they have big towels and when you go to the pool they have towels out at the pool for you.The beds were nice but I was so tired when I got back at the cabin at 3:00am I could of slept on anything!Theres so much to do you don't want to stop to sleep!
Old March 29th, 2001, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Since you are experiencing a problem with your neck, definetly bring an inflatible neck roll. Your cabin steward will provide additional pillows on board if you need them. There are usually 4 in the cabin automatically. I have always slept well onboard as each day is a full day. Naps by the pool are a natural. As far as beach towels, RCI, Celebrity and Princess supply regulation size Beach Towels either in your cabin (Princess), at the pool, or as you disembark for your island tours, etc. Just return them when you get back. I too brought my own on our 1st cruise, but it is not necessary. You can request as many towels as you need. Also there may be some by the pools or in the Spa changing rooms.
Bon Voyage
Old March 30th, 2001, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Yes, the ship provides you with standard beach towels, for taking off the ship.
Personally, I'd take my own neck roll. Beds are normally quite hard, pillows very soft.