Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Default Father Gets Kicked Question ...

I agree with Kuki that it's totally bizarre.

I warmed up my Roladex and talked to a friend at Carnival corporate who promised to investigate the situation.

If Shiela will send me all the pertinent information via e-mail, I will make sure it gets into the proper hands.

There are two sides to every story and both need to be heard by the proper people, not just bandied about on a computer bulletin board.

pamda -- CM First Time Cruisers Editor
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Father Gets Kicked Question ...

Hi Pam,
Please be sure to keep us filled in on this bizaar story, I know there is information we haven't heard yet, tks.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 19th, 2001, 09:20 PM
Robocop

Hi Pamda,
Very true! Both sides need to be heard, especially when the accusations are so serious. Please post what you find out. Thanks
Jim
Old July 19th, 2001, 11:38 PM
Admiral

Well, many hours later I've not heard from the complainer even though I sent private e-mail in addition to posting here.

Why the heck did I take the time and effort to try to help ??? AND spent time on the phone -- my dime -- with Carnival about it.

I honestly can't imagine what a "gentleman" would have to do to in order to get tossed off a ship. Must be a real charmer.

pamda, with limited sympathies at this point.
Old July 20th, 2001, 12:39 AM
Passenger

Yes, please, please let us know what CLL has to say about all this. It would be very interesting to hear what their take on all this is. I see where the "gripe" has been posted three or four places on CruiseMates.
Old July 20th, 2001, 01:39 AM
Sheila (a different one)

Pamda,

Yes, please keep us posted on further developments. Frankly, the complainant's story doesn't seem to make much sense the way she describes it. I am sure there has to be a lot more to the story than we were told.

I am an attorney and I would be very interested to know how Carnival's legal department would approach this issue. I can't believe that such harsh remedies would be taken against a passenger for what seems to be a RELATIVELY minor incident (excepting, of course, the alleged injury to the child) and that the cruise line would condone such actions.

Thanks again for your follow-up.
Old July 20th, 2001, 02:51 PM
Captain

Pamda I do not mean to affend you but please do not give up on the writer so quickly. Perhaps there is a reason she may not have read your email or response yet. Seeing she does have the young kids she could be very busy and may not have been looking at the board or email in the past hours or day. I know there is times I do not get to look on the boards or at my email for a few days.

I do hope she answers your questions and I know if I were her I would appreciate the effort you are trying to put forward to solve her problem.
Old July 20th, 2001, 08:32 PM
Admiral

PEB ...

You can't imagine what it takes to offend me. Other than Kuki and those darned antlers. You've got to try harder !!!

This is a very unusual story and, to me, as a travel journalist, one that's very interesting.

I don't make judgements, I just do research. If I can help both sides on this issue, I'll feel good about it.

It does sound to me, however, that there are missing pieces.

pamda
Old July 21st, 2001, 12:10 PM
emma( San Diego one)

Sounds like alot got left out of that story, I can't imagine leaving my son on the ship without me there in the first place. Maybe a hoax?
Old July 21st, 2001, 01:57 PM
First Mate

Sheila seems to work for Bell South so probably she will not see the posts until Monday morning.