Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2002, 05:15 AM
First Mate

Default cruise ship passenger nationality breakdown

hi! do you know how I would go about finding what the nationality of people on cruise ships would be - there's so much choice and it's all so bewildering!
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: cruise ship passenger nationality breakdown

I'm wondering why no one wants to "touch" this question?
I'll make believe that both you and I are politically naive and that this is not a question that is so politically and socially incorrect in the year 2002 that it shouldn't be asked ,never mind answered. So let's assume that this is an innocent question, poorly phrased.
What exactly do you want to know? The nationality breakdown of passengers or crews? Why would this matter? Can you be more specific about what you are looking for and why you would ask this question?
Old February 16th, 2002, 06:40 AM
donnajo

I am glad you asked that question Bill! I was wondering the same thing. Why is it important to know the breakdown of nationalities on board?
Here in the US, we're all from somewhere else originally anyway!

I am curious to hear what Kathy has to say in her defense.
Old February 16th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Admiral

where are you kathy? please DO explain more specifically what/why you want to know.

let's give her the benefit of the doubt...maybe she is like me, and LOVES international men, so she wants to make sure she chooses her cuise wisely not all questions of a racial nature are necessarily negative.

karen
Old February 16th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Nanette

Hi Kathy!

I was wondering the same thing! I'm booked for the Holiday in April. I found out that the Captain/Crew are ITALIAN.

Hotcha.....I do love Italians! I'm married to one of them.

Let me try to figure out what site I learned this from....if I run across it, I'll post it here for you.
Old February 16th, 2002, 02:18 PM
CindyC

I work in an environment where many nationalities are represented. I have never been on a cruise and don't know the breakdown of nationalities on ships. I do know that cultural costums will dictate how people serve you and react to different comments. Some people have mentioned that their server wasn't very friendly. I have noticed that in some cultures it is respectful to keep your head bowed and not to speak too much. Other cultures are more outgoing and appear friendly. Where the later, appears unfriendly it could be a cultural respectful attitude.Thanks, cc
Old February 16th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Nanette

Here you go, Kathy....I had this bookmarked for my cruise on the HOLIDAY. They'll give you nationality of Captain/Crew and Staff. Hope this helps....

(I hope that you're ignoring the "politically correct" posts on this thread. There wasn't a thing wrong with your original post! In fact, If I found out that I'd be surrounded by French or Zimbabwe cruise employees, I'd re-schedule my cruise. To each his own, kiddo!)

http://www.mytravelco.com/cruises/cr...p?SN=817&SC=HO