Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2002, 12:52 PM
Beginner

Default Parental Permission???

We'll be aboard Mercury in June for a seven night cruise of Alaska. We'll be driving to Vancover from the USA to board the ship. Since we will be crossing an international boarder we're wondering if we need special papers to allow us to travel with our grandchildren and to make decisions concerning them in case of an emergency? Any and all information pertaining to cruising with small children (ages 6, 9, and 11) is appreciated! Happy Sails! -Valerie

Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2002, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Parental Permission???

Val,
Yes. Get a noterized letter giving you not only permission to take the children out of the country, but also to make all medical and legal decisions for them while on this trip. Make sure that it is signed by BOTH parents.
Jim

Old April 2nd, 2002, 01:55 PM
Passenger

You will need the childrens birth certs. and a notarized letter from the parents(both is best) giving you permission to take them with you and also any medical information/insurance authorization. They require these things(cept the med/ins) but don't always ask for it. Better have it just in case. I traveled to Canada recently with my daughter and then my daughter traveled with grandma alone. I got more grief from customs than my mom did! They never claimed to be logical about the rules and the enforcement of them.

Shelly
Old April 3rd, 2002, 04:59 PM
Carole Dunham

I took my grandson on an Alaska cruise when he was younger. I got the notarized permission from his parents. I never needed to show it, but you simply never know who will ask for it. The cruiseline didn't because his mother worked for Celebrity at the time and she had booked the cruise for us. They know he was coming with me.

Carole