Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2002, 06:49 PM
Passenger

Default Bringing soda and water onboard

Hello,
I read where everyone brings soda and water on board with them. How do you pack it. Do you put it in your carry on. Can you carry it by the case and have it checked as a bag. What is the best suggestion to bringing water and soda on board. Cans or two liter.
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2002, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Bringing soda and water onboard

Bringing it on by the case??? Generally, it is considered "bad form". You are spending probably thousands of dollars, or close to that, for some time in an elegant environment... dragging on sodas ... well... you may want to rethink that. It really isn't a tail gate party or some kind of picnic. Enjoy the elegant atmosphere on board... spend a couple of dollars for soda's and/or drinks in the lounges... it is part of the fun.

Post Edited (11-05-02 07:55)
Old November 1st, 2002, 08:43 PM
Lene

Default Re: Re: Bringing soda and water onboard

At the terminal in Vancouver, they were selling cases of soda...so I guess it is done.
Old November 1st, 2002, 10:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Bringing soda and water onboard

Hey,
What do I know. Only cruised on the disney ship and a day cruise.You read these board messages and they say bring your own water and soda. I thought it was the thing to do. I don't drink a lot of soda. Mostly my husband and I drink sweetened ice tea. My daughter drinks a lot of water and lemonade. I would like to have water in our cabin for her. Any suggestions
Old November 1st, 2002, 10:25 PM
Salem5050

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Bringing soda and water onboard

Yeah,
Whats with everyone so obsessed with bringing soda and water and booze on board...just get on and have fun...buy a soda card its worth it!
How come no one ever discusses smuggling hot dogs and bologna on board..ahah jk!!
Old November 2nd, 2002, 08:33 AM
Yeoman

Elegant atmosphere? Bad form? Taste? You should sail on some of the ships I've been on.

The Orlando-Port Canaveral shuttles will stop to let you stock up.

One ship which left from a pier sticking out into south end of Tampa Bay had an enterprising gentleman who would drive you to the nearby 711. People would board with grocery bags and cases of soft drinks.

So - - it is done. Thankfully, not on all cruise lines.

We stick a couple plastic bottles of coke in a suitcase to put in the fridge when we arrive on board to get us started. Handy to fill with water if going treking ashore.

Wish you hadn't mentioned hot dogs and bologna. That will be next.
Old November 2nd, 2002, 10:36 AM
Passenger

Hey,
I like the suggestion from Mike M. My daughter has a portable squeeze bottle that has a strap and hubby and I can order the iced tea to the cabin. I might take a squeeze bottle myself for water when we do things on shore. All I can imagine with two liters in my suitcase is them exploding and what a mess. Maybe I might smuggle hot dogs,bologna ,saltine crackers and hot sausage in my luggage. How about a frying pan and a small cooking hot plate, let's not forget the George Foreman. Just kidding!!! Thanks guys. Your suggestions are great. Maybe I will become a seasoned cruiser like y'ou guys one day.
Old November 2nd, 2002, 03:01 PM
Yeoman

We have a two hour drive to Port and any potables go in carry on sealed in baggie(s). Don't think I would try it in baggage hold or porter heaved luggage.

Never thought of room service ice tea. What a great idea. Will cost $3000 to try it out.
Old November 2nd, 2002, 10:59 PM
Carole Dunham

Room service iced tea is free. Just tip the waiter a buck. And ship's water is processed from sea water. I don't know if it's distilled since it doesn't have that flat, distilled taste. It certainly tastes better than Miami water.

Carole
Old November 3rd, 2002, 02:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

We took a cooler (as checked luggage) full of sodas and bottled water on the Fantasy. Our cabin steward kept the ice nice and fresh for the entire four days. I will definitely do that again on the Glory. Happy cruising

MARINER OF THE SEAS 10/31/2004
Sensation 4/17/2004
SOS 4/2003
Fantasy 1991 AND 2002
GLORY 8/2003