Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2003, 12:28 AM
Default Is the Noordam really in BAD Condition ?

I have read so many " Negative " e-mails & reviews about the Noordam reflecting conditions such as: Faulty or Leaky Plumbing, No Hot Water or Air-Conditioning, Torn Carpeting, " Vibrations " throughout the Ship, " Hot " Meals served Cold or even " Spoiled ", etc. that I was wondering.........Do these " Negative " Conditions actually exist ?? & ( other than a Great Itinerary & Price ); is there actually anything " Positive " about the Noordam ??? I have no qualms about sailing on an " older ship "; but no Cruise would be enjoyable if such " Negative " Conditions actually exist ? Is there any way that I can determine whether these conditions do exist or may have been corrected ( if they did exist ) ????? Thanks...Don K.
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2003, 07:20 PM
Default Re: Is the Noordam really in BAD Condition ?

I'd think that was wishful thinking on your part. You've read the negative comments and reviews and yet you hope they aren't true! Why don't you believe them?

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old February 22nd, 2003, 09:32 PM
Default Re: Re: Is the Noordam really in BAD Condition ?

Because with every bad there is a good! Everyone's opinion is different. I heard how the Elation was a beautiful ship yet I thought she was the ugliest one yet. Doowop you may need to read more reviews on that ship. Go to other sites and research it thoroughly and then determine if the negative is actually a valid issue with you. Good luck.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old February 22nd, 2003, 10:48 PM
David Starkey
Default Re: Re: Re: Is the Noordam really in BAD Condition ?

A couple of years ago we booked a cruise on a ship(since retired) that I had read a lot of negitive reviews concerning the ships A/C and plumbing problems. The cruise was a nightmare (no A/C or plumbing can be like a trip to hell)...Then again I sailed on the SS Norway in January and I had read a lot of bad press,... but I thought the ship was great(considering its age). So you never know.... The Noodam was not built as a true luxury liner and has seldom been at the top of anyones list, however, I do have family that have sailed on her and enjoyed it and many passengers over the years liked this ship.
If it was up to me(having the bad A/C and plumbing on a previous cruiseliner) I wound NOT sail her, but go for the newer ship. Lets face it......even if it saved you some$$$ having no A/C or plumbing can be no bargain at all. Have you ever tried to eat in a cruiseship dining room when you have no A/C and its formal night and your all dressed up...I have...its terrible?
P.S. I like older ships and do not like the mega liners that are now being pushed by Princess, RCI,and Carnival. I like ships...not floating hotels.