Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2003, 12:51 PM
First Mate

Default extra charges

Hi, I'm going on my first cruise on Carnival Paradise in Sept. Was wondering about how much to expect my 'bill" to be at the end. I know it varies depending on what you drink and what you buy, but I'm just looking for general guidelines - say with 3-4 cocktails per day, a few photos, and maybe 2 excursions. Are we talking about thousands of dollars? or around $500? Don't plan to buy much on the ship. Also, what exactly is the soda fountain card? How much is it? What does it cover? Can it be shared by two people? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I want to be prepared financially.
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: extra charges

rough rough figures. An average cocktail with quality liquor will run you around $5.25, specialty cordials are more. Excursions can run you anywhere from $25 per person to $200 per person depending upon what you do. Not sure of the price for the soda card. I think its worth it - figure $2.75 per soda- do the math. If you and your cabinmate are going to be together a lot then you can get away with one soda card. ( Hint-bring , or purchase on board a large thermal/cold mug for your soda, ask for your soda without ice- otherwise you will be runing back and forth to the bar to get your soda).
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: extra charges

Ready,
As you said, the amount on your card depends on what you buy. Figure tips for a 7 day at $66.50pp and then add the rest from there. Drinks are about $6 each average after tips etc, Excursions vary greatly from $25 to over $100 depending on what is involved. Photos range from $7 to $20 each again depending on size. The soda card is $29.00 for an adult and they cannot be shared. With it you can order a soda from any bar.
Jim