Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:05 PM
C.Bayard

Default Cabin - Panama Canal

Leaving from Florida is it better to have starboard side or port side cabin to go to Panama Canal during Xmas holidays?
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to 3FOB5Paradise
Default Re: Cabin - Panama Canal

Well, I've never personally been (I don't go until 9/5/04) but I don't think the side matters really. I'd at least spend time in a public room with lots of windows or up on deck.

Old June 25th, 2004, 01:19 PM
C.Bayard

Default Re: Re: Cabin - Panama Canal

Thank you we have booked balcony cabin on starboard side.

CB
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Most of the time the ship will go through a lock like we drive... on the right side. So if you have a cabin on the port side you will be able to see the other ships and the lock system better. But sometimes you enter a lock with another ship going the same way and you might end up on the left side of the lock. We went from the Pacific to the Carribean and had a cabin on the starboard side. Although we saw the country side up close and personal, we went out on deck (in the bow) to see more of the lock system. It was a lot of fun to wave to the other ship passengers. People would call out their home state names and if you were from that state you'd cheer.

Now I want to do the canal again...
Old June 28th, 2004, 02:13 PM
nell

we went to the panama canal in jan. and we were on the starboard side. but we didn't watch from the room we went to a top deck...... but it depends if your going all the way through or just to Guatan Lake, because then you come through on the other side and get to see the other way