Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Tak Nomura

Default Water condition on transatlantic sailings in November

I'm booked on the Oceania cruise from Lisbon to Barbados for November 13, 2004, and was wondering what the water condition will be. Is it calm or rough? If rough, how high are the waves? Is the sailing all rough or mostly calm? Appreciate any and all answers.
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: Water condition on transatlantic sailings in November

We sailed the Atlantic in April, and it was absolutely frightening. We also did a trans atlantic cruise in May, and it was wonderful with calm, placid waters. It's really hard to predict, but I would suspect a calmer time to do that cruise would be in the summer. However, some people like rough sailings; we did not.

J.
Old October 1st, 2004, 10:15 AM
David Starkey

Default Re: Water condition on transatlantic sailings in November

Hard to predict sea conditions on the Atlantic on a regular basis, but I know January can be tough with major waves. You are doing the South Atlantic so it might not be as rough as the North Atlantic route if there are some waves. I just love the waves but perfer them not to exceed 20-25 feet. Things do start getting a little rough then. I can't stand a "crossing" that that is smooth as glass . That has happened to me several times during June or July crossings.
Best wishes....I wish I had the time or vacation days do do a 14-17 day crossing.