Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty
Default cruise ship time

I booked a tour with an independent tour agency in Belize, the tour starts at 9 am Belize time, Im on the Carnival Legend April cruise it say's on my iteneray we are in port 7-4pm what time zone are the ships clocks on Central, Eastern or Belize time? I need to know so I know what time to go to shore, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: cruise ship time

The Legend sails from Miami and while in the Caribbean she will remain of EST or EDT whatever Miami is at the date of your sailing. Belize time zone is later than EST. Be sure to keep you watch on ships time as the last tender is a 3:30PM and the ship does sail promptly at 4PM and will not wait for you. This is why I can never recommend any independantly booked tour in this port.
Jim

Old February 26th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We were on the Inspiration last year the last week in April. When we sailed out of Tampa it was eastern daylight saving time, which the ship stayed on throughout the cruise. Belize was two hours behind us. If your on daylight saving time your ship will be in port from 5-2 Belize time. Also, keep in mind that Belize is a tender port. The last tender will leave the dock area about an hour before the ship sails.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old February 26th, 2005, 12:28 PM
duckie

Be very careful in Belise. We booked a ships tour and just barely made the last tender. It would be very easy to miss the ship in Belise and I would not want to be stuck there alone.