CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Is this cabin location good or bad (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/245214-cabin-location-good-bad.html)

catsandra May 8th, 2005 03:40 PM

Is this cabin location good or bad

I just got notice of where my cabin will be...i'm on RCL Brillance-#8672. It's at the tail of the ship, only 4 rooms back there....is this a bad cabin? Anyone who has cruised and been in these rooms in the back end, give me some advise. Thanks

Donna May 8th, 2005 03:46 PM

Re: Is this cabin location good or bad

Sounds like a good cabin to me, we don't mind being in the aft portion of the ship, have fun! Been on both Radiance and Jewel, both just beautiful ships and I understand Brilliance is tool.

Mike M May 8th, 2005 05:42 PM

Catsandra:

I think you need to give that cabin to me and get another one. <VBG>

You have an excellent cabin! The stern balcony cabin has a wonderful stern view and a balcony that is about four times larger (deeper) than the other Cat D cabin balconies. These cabins are IMO some of the best on the ship. I had one on Serenade of the Seas (Sister Ship) and loved it. I think you will too. I had no problem with motion, noise or vibration, so I don't think you will have to worry about that.

Enjoy yourself, the cabin and the cruise.

Take care,
Mike (Who loves stern balcony cabins)

JoeMo May 8th, 2005 10:20 PM

Is this cabin location good or bad

Once you cruise an aft balcony, you will be hooked, and never
go back to a "side" balcony. The difference is similar to moving from
a ocean window to a balcony. We have occupied aft balconies on the
Radiance, Rhapsody, and Conquest, and the next step up is the corner aft balcony.

Happy cruising

CINDY P. May 13th, 2005 07:57 AM

HI MR. JOE,

I AND MY SISTER ARE GOING ON OUR FIRST CRUISE ON JUNE 12,2005. WE BOOKED OUR ROOM THROUGH VACATIONS TO GO. WE HAVE A GUARANTEE----
CAT. 6A OCEANVIEW ROOM. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT WOULD LOCATED TILL WE CHECK IN AT THE PIER. IS THERE ANYWAY AT ALL THAT I CAN FIND OUT, PLUS SINCE I BOOKED IT IN JANUARY, IS THERE A CHANCE FOR A UPGRADE ? PLEASE LET ME KNOW , BECAUSE I AM A VERY BAD WORRY WART. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME OUT. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

CINDY P.

ONLY 30 DAYS TILL I CRUISE-------JUNE 12,2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CINDY P. May 13th, 2005 08:19 AM

FORGOT TO SAY, THE CABIN WILL BE ON THE CARNIVAL " FANTASY " SHIP. THANKS SO VERY MUCH. !!!!!!!!!!

cfariss May 14th, 2005 09:07 AM

You should have an excellent cabin. I have done two side balconies (RCCL Enchantment and CCL Legend). I was happy. Then....I did NCL Sun aft balcony. You will be hooked! My next is HAL aft. I am taking NCL Jewel in January and decided a bow balcony just to see if I like it and also, the balconies are much larger on the bow than what was left to choose from. Don't worry, you will love the aft.

marvholly May 15th, 2005 05:11 PM

Some prefer forward, some mid ship, otherS afT. Your call.