Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2005, 03:36 PM
abigailsmom

Default Calling Seattlites: What are the best deals from someone fro

We have a family of 4. I am trying to learn the best ways to get the most bang for our buck. We are considering some reposition cruises out of Vancouver and flying back from California.

Are there any experienced Seattle cruisers out there that can share your discount tips? For instance.. should I consider flying to New Orleans or Texas to get the best deal when combined with airfare costs? When is the best time to get these deals? Also.. is there information on typical weather conditions for certains destinations? For instance.. if we wanted to cruise to Mexico.. is there a timeframe I should avoid? I'm really excited to cruise.. and we are very flexable as for dates. Thanks. Please reply to my email as well! Ahc_2003@hotmail.com

Allie
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2005, 06:35 PM
AJ

Default Re: Calling Seattlites: What are the best deals from someone

The best deal we made was a repositioning cruise from Vancouver through the Panama Canal for a 21 day cruise in 2003. We flew from Seattle to Vancouver to take the Holland America ship Zaandam. At the time I think the total cost including air for the two of us was $4950. Not bad for 3 weeks. We flew home from Orlando FL. We had a great time and I would take this trip again. I must say that this cruise is not really geared for children as most of the passengers were older. I do think repositioning are worth considering if you have the time. We are headed to Europe for a back to back cruise in 30 days again on Holland America. 4 weeks of not having to do house work....my idea of heaven!