Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Golfer

Default Cruises that offer golf

Do you know of any other cruise lines (other than Princess) that offer golf in various ports on their itineraries?
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:58 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: Cruises that offer golf

Carnival does. They have a golf pro on the ship who also goes on the golf excursions. If you check Carnival.com, you can pull up a listing of shore excursions for each port so you can see if they have anything for you.
Old August 16th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Every CCL cruise I have been on has offered golf in at least one port, and almost all the cruises have had a golf pro on board.

Jodi

Old August 16th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Admiral

All of the major ones seem to. I am not a golfer but have seen them on CCL and RCI and know of programs on both of those lines for golfers.
Jim

Old January 30th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

You can also book your own golf excusions - and often save money on greens fees.
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Passenger

Hi: My dh is an avid golfer and Celebrity usually has a golf pro and clinic onboard. The golf pro can arrange golf excursions and often organises drive and putting competitions onboard. On some ships we have been on, partners/wives of golfers get freebies like a spa discount or free massage session if I remember rightly.

I am not a golfer myself but the golf pros have always accommodated me as a "ride a long". Although we have pre-booked or booked golf excursions on board, we only do so if the ship is docking for a short time (that way you are sure you don't get left behind and/or the golf pro gets you back onboard before she sails!). Ordinarily, we look up the golf course on-line and pre-book a tee time over the 'phone before we leave and just grab a cab when we dock - sometimes it is more economical to do this but be sure you will finish and be able to get back to the ship on-time!

If you can find another golfing couple, it can work out even cheaper as you save on the transport costs.
Constellation, S. Carib. Nov. 2004
Summit, M.Riv. Oct 2005
Zenith