CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Best Time of Year for Australia Cruise? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/313707-best-time-year-australia-cruise.html)

AnitaBuddy May 8th, 2006 03:00 PM

Best Time of Year for Australia Cruise?

Hi:

My DH and myself; we've decided to take our dream cruise and go to Australia/New Zealand next year. We've been on a lot of cruises but this will be our first time to this part of the world. I noticed that the cruises go mostly January, February March and April. We picked out the cruise line and ship we wanted and length of cruise and cruise tour and when we called our TA, she said that for April 2007 (that was the month we decided on); that there were no bookings available for the whole month of April. Maybe we could try another cruise line but we wanted to go with Princess as we sailed with them to Alaska, and they really had everything organized and we had a great time. Our TA informed us that the same itinerary and ship were available in March 07, just not April 07 and they weren't even taking any more names for the "wait list" for April. That made me wonder if there was really that much difference in the weather and temperature from March to April? Does anyone know? I would hate to spend that much time and money to go in March, only to be in the middle of their "Cyclone" season or something like that. I know during our hurricaine season the price of the cruises are less, but March is the same as April next year for the Australia/New Zealand cruises. I was trying to decided if we should go in March or wait two years so we could get a cruise booked in April. Is there really that much difference in the two months?

Thanks in advance....

Buddy (Anita)

Lombard May 8th, 2006 03:44 PM

Re: Best Time of Year for Australia Cruise?

Anita
The probable reason why there are no bookings available on Priness in April is because this is the month (2007) that the Sapphire princess returns to the US.
This is the return journey itinerary.
http://www.princess.com/pb/itinerary...0407&noOfPax=2
There are not many "Cyclone's" this far south during the season. They are normally up north near the equator.
HAL also do some cruises down here at this time of year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnitaBuddy
Hi:

My DH and myself; we've decided to take our dream cruise and go to Australia/New Zealand next year. We've been on a lot of cruises but this will be our first time to this part of the world. I noticed that the cruises go mostly January, February March and April. We picked out the cruise line and ship we wanted and length of cruise and cruise tour and when we called our TA, she said that for April 2007 (that was the month we decided on); that there were no bookings available for the whole month of April. Maybe we could try another cruise line but we wanted to go with Princess as we sailed with them to Alaska, and they really had everything organized and we had a great time. Our TA informed us that the same itinerary and ship were available in March 07, just not April 07 and they weren't even taking any more names for the "wait list" for April. That made me wonder if there was really that much difference in the weather and temperature from March to April? Does anyone know? I would hate to spend that much time and money to go in March, only to be in the middle of their "Cyclone" season or something like that. I know during our hurricaine season the price of the cruises are less, but March is the same as April next year for the Australia/New Zealand cruises. I was trying to decided if we should go in March or wait two years so we could get a cruise booked in April. Is there really that much difference in the two months?

Thanks in advance....

Buddy (Anita)