Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Beginner

Default Checking out a TA

I am considering booking a cruise through Cruise 411. I have done considerable research on this particular cruise (Celebrity) and all the prices are the same but this agency is offering free insurance that is superior to others that I have found. The problem is I have never heard of them and am having trouble checking them out. They don't appear to belong to the BBB I looked on the CLIA web site and couldn't find any information. I emailed CLIA asking if they were a member and havn't gotten a response. I emailed Cruise 411 and asked them how to proceed and only got an out of office reply (during work hours ) and was instructed to call, and an agent who would be happy to help. I called and the agent told me to go to google and type in World Travel Holdings. This wasn't much help as I new they had a web site and World Travel Holdings doesn't appear to belong to BBB either. Eventhough I feel they are probably ok I would feel better if I could get more information. If anyone has any Ideas or personal experience I would appreciate a reponse. Thanks in advance. Jim
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Jim..

Cruise 411 has been in the cruise business for many years. I believe they are home based in New Jersey, so you may want to check the BBB there.
Old August 25th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Kuki...

Cruise411 has been in business many years, but was recently acquired by the same company that also now owns NLG and they are now located in FL. (they were formerly in Philadelphia, not NJ) Cruise411 is a big, reputable company. They even advertise here in CruiseMates, but I guess they need to advertise even MORE since you have not heard of them seekes49... :-)

Cruise411
3088 N. Commerce Parkway
Miramar, FL. 33025

Phone: 610-908-8400
Fax: 610-908-8471

Seekes - good for you for finding the best deal online!
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Beginner

I appreciate the responses. I was about to give up on them.We have only been on three other cruises and I had used Cruise One in the past. They were easy to check out and they had local agents, which gives a newbie some added comfort. I was familiar with a few others such as Best price cruises and they all advertised their membership in the BBB. I have since booked the cruise with 411 and The TA I wound up with seemed very personable. I am glad I found this message board. Since joining I have recieved a very informative bulletin on cruise pricing. Sorry about taking so long to aknowledge your responses.

Thanks,
Jim
Old October 9th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Beginner

I actually WORK for NLG, which was recently purchased by World Travel Holdings. Cruise One is ALSO owne by NLG/WTH. We are the largest cruise seller in the world, since the merger. Cruise411 is, as they said, a reputable company and you can book with us with confidence. Our corporate website is www.NLG.com or www.worldtravelholdings.com
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Admiral

I used to book with Cruise 411 UNTIL my last booking with them when I asked for a credit on board. Was told that they had already given me the best deal they could. Turns out they hadn't.

SO - I found a new internet agent named Nancy who handles a great many of the CruiseMate trips - for the very simple reason that she puts together the best package - price, often credits on board, etc.

If you check the various CruiseMate special trips, you'll find the rest of the information about her there. I'm not allowed to post it.

She also replies to both emails and phone calls pronto. Cruise 411 used to charge extra if you needed to book through a live person rather than their website.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012