Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to visusie
Default Can someone answer this?

??????????????????????????????????

I hope someone knows the answer to this. I'm trying to find out if the ships own the onboard stores/shops, or if they are leased out or what. Also, do they only sell/carry their exclusive souvenir items or do they sell locally-made products too? I will appreciate ANY help anyone can give me or if you can give me contact info for someone that can just answer these questions. Thanks a bunch for your time and help. Have a wonderful day!

Susie [/i]
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

To the best of my knowledge the shops are owned by the cruise lines.But things like the Spas are not.
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:03 PM
Admiral

All I know about is Regent Seven Seas Cruises. The gift shops are a separate vendor. Also, they do sell local products. Here is the contact information from their website www.rssc.com.

Boutique/Gift Shop
Evoke International
Attn: Human Resources
Maria Marsh
16000 NW 59th Ave.
Miami Lakes, FL 33014
Ph: 305-817-6400 ext. 2004
Fax: 305-819-4375
mmarsh@parkwestgallery.com
jobs@Evokeintl.com

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old March 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to visusie
Default Thanks Marc

I appreciate you trying to help me out Marc. Unfortunately, I don't think that ship comes to the US Virgin Islands. I was hoping to find out about Carnival, Princess, Costa, RCCL, Norwegian, and whatever those "dam" ships are such as Noordam. I've been in business for about 10 years and would like to get my product onto some of the ships. I thought perhaps I could collaberate with some crew members off various ships so that they may pick up product from me on the dock, and deliver so we could each benefit. I heard many years ago that the ship stores were leased out on a yearly basis but I can't seem to find out anything from the various sites. *sigh* One of these days I'll come across a bit of luck perhaps? Thanks again for your time and help. Have a super weekend!

Resepctfully,
Susie
Old March 25th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Susie,
So far as I know, the shops are tightly controlled through the cruise line main office. Everything has the cruise line logo on it....well, there may be a tin of aspirin in the shop that doesn't, but otherwise they really don't carry anything that hasn't come through their advertising department. So far as crew members taking things on board to sell, I don't think that you have a chance. Even officers have to go through corporate. I had a freiend who was a senior officer. He picked up some great art in his travels and it took him years to get it through. Even then, the items were not resold to passengers, but used as artwork in one of their ships.
Sorry for the negative info.
Marty
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Passenger

This is all understandable, the point of the gift shop and more is for them to make money. Although I do think that they would make more money if they allowed vendors. But then they would not have such tight control on what is sold.