Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Yeoman

Default Tri Rail - Ft Lauderdale airport to Maimi airport

Has anyone used Tri Rail? I read that you can to between Ft Lauderdale airport and the Miami Airport for $4 is this true? We could then grab a cab to the Miami cruise terminal.

Or would it just be cheaper to get a cab from FLL to the cruise terminal in Miami? Thanks, Carla
Old April 19th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

A cab from FLL to Port of Miami will cost you about $60. You can do the rail but it won't be easy with luggage.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 19th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Yeoman

Any other ideas?

We will have someone with us who is in a wheel chair so it has to be accomidating for him. Thanks, Carla
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Administrator
Admiral

There are shuttle companies that run between FLL and Miami. I don't think Super Shuttle runs out of FLL. Shuttles pay by the person and not by the van so with two or three people you may end up paying as much, or more than a taxi or limo. If you have three people plus luggage, a limo service may be the way to go.

You can Google a number of Limo services for the Fort Lauderdale and Miami areas. I have done this and the price was about equal to a taxi.

The bad part about flying into FLL is that while the airfare may be somewhat less expensive, the transportation can offset that cost.

I would also suggest posting this on a couple of the other boards, such as Carnival and Royal Caribbean to see some other responses.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 20th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Yeoman

Sorry forgot to mention we are going to have 8 people with us.

Thanks for the advice, Carla
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Admiral

Probably the least expensive and easiest way to do what you want is to do a one way van rental at the airport (Dollar Rent a Car is obscenely inexpensive) and before you return the car at the airport drop off most of your passengers and your luggage at the port. Then one or two of you can return the van and take a cab/shuttle to the port to join the rest of your party. It's a piece of cake really. We did that once when we flew into Orlando and spent a few days there, then took a one way rental down to FLL. It was less than $20 a day with unlimited mileage, and ended up getting upgraded to a nice big roomy Durango, rather than a Jeep Cherokee.

Read and post cruise reviews