Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
Beginner

Default Star Princess, Caribe Deck

After lurking for a week and enjoying this forum very much I feel you will give me a good, honest opinion. Trying to cruise to Alaska May 11 (short notice). Took your adivce and went through a TA and came up with this. Star Princess, Caribe Deck, Room C742, round trip air to Seattle, price $2164 per person. Thanks to you I got a balcony aft. I know you recommend sailing out of Vancouver, but Seattle will work better for us. Please critique this information for me. Thank you so much. Betsy.
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Star Princess, Caribe Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittshel
After lurking for a week and enjoying this forum very much I feel you will give me a good, honest opinion. Trying to cruise to Alaska May 11 (short notice). Took your advice and went through a TA and came up with this. Star Princess, Caribe Deck, Room C742, round trip air to Seattle, price $2164 per person. Thanks to you I got a balcony aft. I know you recommend sailing out of Vancouver, but Seattle will work better for us. Please critique this information for me. Thank you so much. Betsy.
Depending on the cost of airfare this should have been a decent deal for an aft balcony. Cruise air is around $600 from Minneapolis. So from Minneapolis, with cruise air, the deal is fine.

Hit a couple of online websites and do some comparison pricing to determine if the price is close or better than the price you received.

The only bad thing is that it's past cancellation time and you would have to pay a penalty for canceling or re booking.

Maybe the best thing is to just go and know you got a deal you were happy with.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
First Mate

I can't comment on the price (never cruised to Alaska), but C742 is one of my favorite cabins on the Grand class ships!

Enjoy!