Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Beginner

Default Flight advice post-cruise

I would appreciate advice on the following scenario. We will be arriving at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro CA on 10/10 at 7:00AM aboard the Celebrity Millennium. We're considering a 11:30AM flight from LAX. Is this advisable or is it "cutting it too close"? Also, any advice on the Super Shuttle or other transportation to get to LAX??

Thanks much!
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Admiral

I think it is cutting it close because of repeated reports of delays clearing customs in LA. In terms of distance and time, it wouldn't otherwise be a big deal.

As for transportation, I am a fan of Super Shuttle.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old August 9th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Admiral

That is definitely cutting it way too close. Having lived out there for 13 years, I can tell you that the traffic on the freeway, particularly in that area is like a big, creeping parking lot. Do use the shuttle. They sometimes know the side roads well enough to avoid some of the congestion, but so do a lot of others. You can get seriously stuck in trafiic either way. Give your self more time!
Marty
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Flight advice post-cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrum48
I would appreciate advice on the following scenario. We will be arriving at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro CA on 10/10 at 7:00AM aboard the Celebrity Millennium. We're considering a 11:30AM flight from LAX. Is this advisable or is it "cutting it too close"? Also, any advice on the Super Shuttle or other transportation to get to LAX??

Thanks much!
I would use the cruise line shuttle both ways. It's one of the few times I recommend it. L.A. is unpredictable for traffic. I have not used Super Shuttle but if it is recommended by others it may be the way to go.

Go for a flight that leaves between 12:30 and 3 p.m.. This will leave you with enough time to make your flight and not so much time you are sitting for hours at the airport.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me