Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Beginner

Smile Cabin price variances thruout the year

As a past cruiser, I'm aware that cabin prices are capacity-controlled and can vary thruout the year with periodic sales and especially as the sail date approaches and the ship is not filling--at least that has been the case with cruises departing U. S. ports for nearby destinations. However, I don't know if that is the case for Mediterranean cruises.

We are looking at a 12-day cruise in Italy and Greece during June 2011 (we know this is prime season -high pricing but can't be helped) on Princess. As past passengers they are offering early booking prices that look extremely good until 9/30/10. Should we book now or wait to see if Princess drops the price during the usual promotional periods before Xmas or in early Spring? We do not want to wait until just before sailing for fear of poor cabin choice.

Thanks for your assistance.
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Captain

My experience has been that prices have been going up, not down. If you find a price book it, especially that far out You can watch the price and if it comes down, call Princess for a price adjustment.

We cruised the Baltics this summer and I watched the capacity on that cruise and also a Med. cruise which we are hoping to do next year. By the time we were three weeks out, our cruise was sold out completely and the Med cruise only had high end suites and a handfull of insides.

If it's a cruise you really want, don't gamble with availability.

MB
Old September 13th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I agree. Book it now. If the price drops before final payment you should be able to get the lower price.

Have fun and enjoy the Med.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffgolf View Post
As a past cruiser, I'm aware that cabin prices are capacity-controlled and can vary thruout the year with periodic sales and especially as the sail date approaches and the ship is not filling--at least that has been the case with cruises departing U. S. ports for nearby destinations. However, I don't know if that is the case for Mediterranean cruises.

We are looking at a 12-day cruise in Italy and Greece during June 2011 (we know this is prime season -high pricing but can't be helped) on Princess. As past passengers they are offering early booking prices that look extremely good until 9/30/10. Should we book now or wait to see if Princess drops the price during the usual promotional periods before Xmas or in early Spring? We do not want to wait until just before sailing for fear of poor cabin choice.

Thanks for your assistance.
A friend who cruises a lot tells me that if the price drops because of a promotion, and you contact Princess, they will give an onboard credit for the difference...she has done about 20 Princess cruises. Onlijoni
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

My last two cruises have been thru Europe and the Med. The first cruise the prices only went up. The second they went down and we got OBC. I would book now; then watch the prices to see if they drop; you really don't lose anything by booking now.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old September 17th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I concur, if the price now is comfortable for you, book it, and, watch for a price decrease, and, let your agent know...If your agent is on their toes, you will get a notice that they found it before you did

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator