Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:35 PM
Familiar Face

Default Buying liquor at duty free on ship to use on cruise

Ok.....having a little disagreement with husband...Can you buy Duty Free alcohol on the ship (Carnival Valor) and pay a corkage fee to use in our room?

If you can, does anyone know the costs associated to this vs what Mike told us earlier about buying thru the Bon Voyage office?
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandChar View Post
Ok.....having a little disagreement with husband...Can you buy Duty Free alcohol on the ship (Carnival Valor) and pay a corkage fee to use in our room?

If you can, does anyone know the costs associated to this vs what Mike told us earlier about buying thru the Bon Voyage office?
You do not get your duty free alcohol purchases until the last night of the cruise. On many lines you can order a liquor package in advance or through room service.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Yep: Doug has it right.

What you buy in the ship's store is kept for you until the last night of the cruise. You cannot take it back to your cabin. There was a time you could but that was back when Clinton was President.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Admiral

i think, but not totally sure on this one that Carnival allows you to bring onboard a small quantity of wine. If you want your wine served with dinner you will pay the corkage fee. If you want to drink your wine in your cabin, ask your cabin steward for glasses and a corkscrew
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Carnival does allow each person over 21 to bring one bottle of wine for personal use on board. The bottles must be in your carry on. If you want to use in the dining room there is a corkage fee. If you use in your cabin no fee. And this is only at embarkation, if you buy in any port it will taen away until the end of the cruise.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:34 AM
First Mate

With Carnival, call Bon Voyage at least I think its 3 business days prior to sailing, and you can order bottles of spirits to be delivered to you cabin. Departure day for most ports. TX and I think AL require it to be the 2nd day. (Silly blue laws)

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.