CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   De-barking / Customs for Canadians at Ft. Lauderdale? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/381335-de-barking-customs-canadians-ft-lauderdale.html)

jargey3000 March 20th, 2011 11:36 AM

De-barking / Customs for Canadians at Ft. Lauderdale?

We're on the Oasis of the Seas March 26 - April 2.

Can anybody fill me in on the de-barking (is that the right word?) and Customs clearance procedures for Canadians once we dock back at Fort Lauderdale?

Is it a time-consuming process? How much time should I allow? Our flight out of FLL is at 1:30pm.

Thanks!

jacdenv24 March 20th, 2011 01:11 PM

We are from Canada and sailed in Feb. on Celebrity. No problems at all. Just have your customs declaration filled out (it wil be delivered to your cabin) and your Canadian passport. We had a 12.30 flight and we were at the airport by 9.15!

jargey3000 March 20th, 2011 01:25 PM

that's good info. thanks!
I wonder if it's any different on the Oasis - with so many people?

Trip March 20th, 2011 02:56 PM

On the weekends, wth the Oasis and the Allure, plus every other ship in, the securty lines are long, so be prepared.

Fern March 20th, 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jargey3000 (Post 1360973)
We're on the Oasis of the Seas March 26 - April 2.

Can anybody fill me in on the de-barking (is that the right word?) and Customs clearance procedures for Canadians once we dock back at Fort Lauderdale?

Is it a time-consuming process? How much time should I allow? Our flight out of FLL is at 1:30pm.

Thanks!

We don't care about spelling here, but since you asked, it's disembarking :D !

To what Trip said, I'll add-bring a book :shock: !

jacdenv24 March 21st, 2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacdenv24 (Post 1360991)
We are from Canada and sailed in Feb. on Celebrity. No problems at all. Just have your customs declaration filled out (it wil be delivered to your cabin) and your Canadian passport. We had a 12.30 flight and we were at the airport by 9.15!

Further to my post...I should add that having Elite status meant we had priority disembarkation. Also, there is a form you get that asks if your flying, what airline and the flight # and time. They do try to get those people off ASAP. But I hadn't considered the number of passengers on the Oasis-about 3 times as many as the Connie!

Queen of Oakville March 29th, 2011 11:51 AM

You will clear customs when you dock at Everglades.

You will need to clear customs again when you enter into Canada (by air or by land).

Trackypup March 29th, 2011 01:53 PM

My husband is Canadian and I'm English. We disembarked Ruby Princess on a Weekend. We had a 10:00 am flight and had no issues whatsoever. It didn't take us any longer than anyone else. We did do self disembarkation though (Took our own bags off)

I can't see there being a problem with the time of your flight.

Kamloops Cruiser March 30th, 2011 03:29 PM

We have disembarked at three different ports in the US . Depending on the cruise US citizens don't always go thru customs. In LA on our Mexico cruise everyone except American citizens had to clear customs. In Port Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale everyone had to clear customs ,so it took longer to get off the ship.