CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Another cruise question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/389006-another-cruise-question.html)

Lakers Fan April 23rd, 2012 04:56 PM

Another cruise question

Would a cabin across from a bathroom as well as the laundry room deter anyone from booking the cabin ?

Mike M April 23rd, 2012 06:17 PM

I can't recall seeing a cabin accross from a public bathroom but it could happen.

There are cabins accross and next to laundry rooms.

The downside is that there will be higher traffic in those areas and more noise.

I personally wouldn't want a cabin next to a laundry room because of the noise of the machines and the patrons.

In regard to the bathroom. It's basically the same answer.

Take care,
Mike

Trip April 23rd, 2012 06:20 PM

I agree, I have yet to see a cabin near a restroom,and I would not want to be anywhere near the laundryroom. Down the hall a way is good, if you wash..less of a walk and a shlep:)

Lakers Fan April 23rd, 2012 07:10 PM

According to the deckplan for the ship the cabin I am considering is 3 doors down from the laundry room . 2 doors in the opposite direction is something designated as W and M which I assume is a bathroom .

Fern April 23rd, 2012 09:00 PM

We usually book very near the laundry room. It's handy since we wash about twice a week. So far, there have been double doors into the laundry room, so there's no noise from the machines. They're usually also closed from 10 PM until 8 AM.

I'm with the other's on the restroom question. I've never seen one near a cabin :shock: , but I guess it's possible! What ship are you sailing?

Fern

Trip April 23rd, 2012 09:21 PM

On one ship we were directly across, from the laundry room, but, on the other side of the ship..great convenience and, no traffic...another time we wer about 10 or so cabins away, again,no noise or traffic.

What is the draw, for you, to book in this area ?

Mike M April 23rd, 2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1426278)
According to the deckplan for the ship the cabin I am considering is 3 doors down from the laundry room . 2 doors in the opposite direction is something designated as W and M which I assume is a bathroom .

What ship is this?

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan April 24th, 2012 10:03 AM

The ship

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1426291)
What ship is this?

Take care,
Mike

HAL Veendam-Lower Promenade deck .

Lakers Fan April 24th, 2012 10:44 AM

Fern

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern (Post 1426285)
We usually book very near the laundry room. It's handy since we wash about twice a week. So far, there have been double doors into the laundry room, so there's no noise from the machines. They're usually also closed from 10 PM until 8 AM.

I'm with the other's on the restroom question. I've never seen one near a cabin :shock: , but I guess it's possible! What ship are you sailing?

Fern

I posted below the name of the ship as well as the deck .On the HAL diagram of decks it does not indicate bathrooms but on other sites that show deck plans it does ,I will ask my TA to check it out .

Snoozeman April 24th, 2012 11:12 AM

Avoid.

I find the stewards pantry an area to avoid as well. They seem to get around early in the am and make noise.

Paul Motter April 24th, 2012 12:26 PM

It is best to be away from everything. I once had a cabin by a crew door which they would open and close with a bang several times every morning. I finally put a sign up on it. That helped.

Laundrys are not inherently noisy unless people are chatting - OR if they have a door (most don't these days). So nearby is good, but I wouldn't want to be across from it.

I see your ship just has the bottom floor of the atrium amidst a deck that is otherwise all staterooms. I see the restrooms in question. I would avoid if possible, because they are also very close to a public area.

Holland America Deck Plans

You have to change it to "lower promenade" and see the cabins around C330