Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default North Jersey Travel Agents...

I want to plan a large family cruise. I am looking at approx 18 people. I've only booked one cruise before but it was for 2 people and was done through RC's site. I want to book this one, or at least gather information right now, through a travel agent. I've never in my life used an agent and have no idea who is good, reliable and trust worthy. I live in Passaic County here in Northern NJ. Does anyone have or know of any TA's in Passaic or Bergen Counties that can be recommended?

Also, has anyone booked such a large cruise before? Are there discounts/offers that I can inquire about for myself being the bookie, especially one of that size? Maybe upgrades or lowered prices on all the rooms? I am looking to book this for the 2014 year. Is that typical or is this WAY too early to plan this far ahead? My concern would be someone not being able to come for whatever reason.

Any help is much appreciated. I also hope that I posted this in the correct forum. If not, I apologize. I searched the forum's and did not see anything that matched what I was looking for. I am new to this forum.
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Group travel agents

Forget the locality. Best for your purposes is a large discount Cruise Only agency that has a GroupTravel Desk. I have used ones over years in Detroit area, New Hampshire and California .Vacationstogo.com has excellent website.Not always best deals though.Never booked a group but in past 1 free berth(bed), for every 8 bookings. You as originator would be entitled to these. The agent handles all details and monies, not you.All questions would be referred to them. So you need a really experienced,patient agent who knows how to handle all those first cruise questions.Onboard credits can be negotiated. Talk to a couple agencies.Pricing varies widely. Call cruise llines group desks directly also. Bon Voyage.
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you very much for the help. Gonna start doing my research!
Old June 10th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default agencies

Congratulations!! We have 60+ cruises done and more to come with not a bad one yet. I always use Cruise Vacation Outlet and call Shannon. She is such fun to deal with and has always gone out of her way to get us the best deal. Hope this helps. Good luck.