Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default new to MSC

Have cruised several times before in Caribbean and Mediterranean but never with MSC. Going on MSC Opera. Any good travel tips would be appreciated. Can I bring my own bottled water onto the ship?
Does disembarkation on final day go quickly, I must catch an international flight?
Are rooms clean and sound proofed?
Any other tips would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
Have cruised several times before in Caribbean and Mediterranean but never with MSC. Going on MSC Opera. Any good travel tips would be appreciated. Can I bring my own bottled water onto the ship?
Does disembarkation on final day go quickly, I must catch an international flight?
Are rooms clean and sound proofed?
Any other tips would be appreciated.
MSC largely caters to European clientele - so I would NOt expect disembarkation to go smoothly. Everyone now is checked by customs & border control, and if you have a lot of Europeans it could slow things down - unless they separate them (which they might, but cruise terminals do not have set up facilities).

The rooms are nice and soundproof - like any modern cruise ship.

Advice? "Go with the flow" - there will be some differences in food, etc. Expect it and don't be upset.

Old February 8th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Admiral

As Paul has said, MSC caters HEAVILY to Europeans. So they are a love/hate relationship for Americans, who either love them or hate them - no in between. So, as he stated, you definitely have to learn to go with the flow, that's for sure.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!