Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Familiar Face

Default Barcelona - Dos and Don'ts

I am making my first trip to Barcelona in late October to take a transatlantic on the Liberty OTS. Any recommendations on moderately priced hotels. Transportation from airport to hotel. Must sees, other than Sagrada Familia.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager View Post
I am making my first trip to Barcelona in late October to take a transatlantic on the Liberty OTS. Any recommendations on moderately priced hotels. Transportation from airport to hotel. Must sees, other than Sagrada Familia.
Thanks.
Firstly, Barcelona is bad for pick pockets etc, I was Bailed up out side my hotel, not thinking as it was early, pulled out my purse to give them a coin to get rid of them, later went to get notes out to pay for breakfast only to find none, she had managed to snatch them without me knowing, it was about $100 australian, so lucky we each only carried a small amount, and took turns paying for this very reason.
Next: Hotel Olivia Plaza, extremely central, mid price, great accomodation, and safe! Accross from Buses, (and Tour Buses) top of The Rumbalas.
Site Seeinf: those tour buses, hop on hop of, see lots of Goudi"s works/Archetecture everywhere, Olympic park, beach, old city and churches.
in short the hotel is within easy reach of everthing, I am staying there in September again, have fun!
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Agreeing with Lorsin lots to see & do within walking distance. If you are interested in Gaudi, then apart from the Sagrada Familiar, there are the apartments (La Pedrera and the Casa Battlo) which are worth seeing, both outside and in, there is the Park Guell which is a wonderful park full of bizarre architecture.

There is the footbsall stadium & museum, if you are into sport. It is quite amazing and better than many national stadiums around the world.

The watefront is a great place to spend the evneing if the weather is kind to you.

I am sure whatever you plan to do, you will have a great time,

Enjoy & happy voyages,

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam