Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default One way cruise

Can you please let me know if I can book a one way cruise from Honolulu to Los Angelus, or if there is such a thing. Or, even to Vancouver.

Many thanks

Maureen
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:34 AM
Admiral

Surprised your agent wasn't able to help you with this. But yes, there are one way cruises from Honolulu to Vancouver.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Murphy,
You should look into repositioning cruises in the early spring and then again later in the fall. The ships first going into Alaska are one way and then again, at the end of the Alaska season, the way back.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 13th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I am pretty sure you can also go to Los Angeles. Its a slightly different route but it goes.

Just be prepared to spend seven days on the ship just going around to the Hawaiian islands before four days at sea before you visit Ensenada Mexico the day before you hit Los Angeles.

In other words, if you are look for a "ferry" kind of ride directly from Hawaii to Los Angeles, the answer is "no" - there is no such thing. But there are Hawaii cruises that start in Honolulu, see Hawaii and end in Los Angeles, plus legally you have to visit at least on foreign port, and in this case Ensenada qualifies.

Old January 13th, 2014, 06:50 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy45 View Post
Can you please let me know if I can book a one way cruise from Honolulu to Los Angelus, or if there is such a thing. Or, even to Vancouver.

Many thanks

Maureen
We took a one way 12 day cruise from Ensenada to Hawaii back in 1998. It was a re-positioning cruise to get a Carnival ship up to Alaska for the season. From Hawaii, it went to Vancouver, and then did the reverse in the fall.

Being the Carnival Miracle is planning on doing Alaska this Fall, it's a choice to look at. They have since started doing round trips out of LA for 15 days.
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old January 13th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Admiral

You cannot go one way from Honolulu to LA unless you go to a "distant foreign port;" Ensenada does not constitute a distant foreign port. Ships on this itinerary stop at Kiribati (aka Christmas Island) to satisfy the rules. Of course, as stated, you could get a cruise that ends in Ensenada and buses you to LA.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old January 14th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Pacific Princess, Celebrity Solstice and Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas all do one way Vancouver to Honolulu. Carnival might have one too. You won't find one from LA. Rhapsody of the Seas might also have one but I know they're moving her to Europe I just can't remember when.

Not recommending them as an Agent, but Vacations to Go has one of the best cruise search engines out there.
Old January 14th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
You cannot go one way from Honolulu to LA unless you go to a "distant foreign port;" Ensenada does not constitute a distant foreign port. Ships on this itinerary stop at Kiribati (aka Christmas Island) to satisfy the rules. Of course, as stated, you could get a cruise that ends in Ensenada and buses you to LA.
Exactly. Celebrity Solstice used to do the Ensenada to Honolulu route but they're moving her to Vancouver starting in April. Not sure if there's any left that do from Ensenada which is probably a good thing.